Screen Profile / Battery Life

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
Hit 8 hr SOT lol (the last full charge is glitched, it reset sot when I unplugged but not last full charge)
71413ac39cfc2791a30055a8204809a9.jpg
63c58a03457cef2fcd34c970a1c643d2.jpg

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Hit 8 hr SOT lol (the last full charge is glitched, it reset sot when I unplugged but not last full charge)//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171215/71413ac39cfc2791a30055a8204809a9.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171215/63c58a03457cef2fcd34c970a1c643d2.jpg

Nice! Non XL? Didn't you say you performed a full reset and weren't quite sure if it helped? Looks like something's working for ya. I did an FDR yesterday and so far seems like no change but will give it more time before I decide for certain whether it helped or not.

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
Nice! Non XL? Didn't you say you performed a full reset and weren't quite sure if it helped? Looks like something's working for ya. I did an FDR yesterday and so far seems like no change but will give it more time before I decide for certain whether it helped or not.
I did a full reset, and I did gservicefix. I keep brightness at 40% and only disable Bluetooth and wifi if I'm not using it. I think it's gservicefix honestly lol

I have a animated wallpaper running in the background as well
Is 2xl

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I did a full reset, and I did gservicefix. I keep brightness at 40% and only disable Bluetooth and wifi if I'm not using it. I think it's gservicefix honestly lol

I have a animated wallpaper running in the background as well
Is 2xl
Might try Gservicefix. First I've heard of it. I see it hasn't been updated in 3 years but if you think it's working for ya maybe that doesn't make any difference. Seems to have some good reviews.

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
I heard of it from r/go
Might try Gservicefix. First I've heard of it. I see it hasn't been updated in 3 years but if you think it's working for ya maybe that doesn't make any difference. Seems to have some good reviews.
I heard of it from r/googlepixel myself about a month ago and tried it recently.

stuarta99

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Pretty pants for me today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171215-191808.jpg
    Screenshot_20171215-191808.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20171215-191758.jpg
    Screenshot_20171215-191758.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 30

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site

how is it completely black?No matter how dark my background is, most of my screens(settings, chat, remains a white background). Only black background I'm getting outside of my screen is when I swipe down on short cuts from the top of the phone(black but transparent background), and when I press and hold an app(the shortcut) and get a small black background on it.I'm assuming you're using a 3rd party launcher like Nova then?

I am losing 3% per hour in standby. I am trying to see what is different. only thing I can place my finger on is I don't have a consistent VoLTE connection anymore.

-Turn off notifications for apps outside of essential apps(like text messages, calls), if you can help it(and just have the blue dot notification)
-turn off data when you are using wifi
-turn off bluetooth and nfc when you aren't using it
-don't have too many apps running in the background

these could help

Hit 8 hr SOT lol (the last full charge is glitched, it reset sot when I unplugged but not last full

Interesting.. so when was the last full charge for you when you took that screenshot, if it wasn't 1.5 days?

Last edited:

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
how is it completely black?No matter how dark my background is, most of my screens(settings, chat, remains a white background). Only black background I'm getting outside of my screen is when I swipe down on short cuts from the top of the phone(black but transparent background), and when I press and hold an app(the shortcut) and get a small black background on it.I'm assuming you're using a 3rd party launcher like Nova then?

-Turn off notifications for apps outside of essential apps(like text messages, calls), if you can help it(and just have the blue dot notification)
-turn off data when you are using wifi
-turn off bluetooth and nfc when you aren't using it
-don't have too many apps running in the background

these could help

Hit 8 hr SOT lol (the last full charge is glitched, it reset sot when I unplugged but not last full

Interesting.. so when was the last full charge for you when you took that screenshot, if it wasn't 1.5 days?
Substratum! Swift black and 15/16 hours

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I normally go to bed with phone around 70%. Last night, same thing. Phone was somewhere in the 70% battery range and this morning 25%. I have not seen 20% since I let the phone run without a charge for two days to see how good the battery was.

Only change, update to "Upgraded" to 8.1. The best thing about this phone was the battery life, now that is gone.

Now I see why non-pixel phones take their time to update to the latest and greatest Android version. SAD

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I normally go to bed with phone around 70%. Last night, same thing. Phone was somewhere in the 70% battery range and this morning 25%. I have not seen 20% since I let the phone run without a charge for two days to see how good the battery was

Try leaving it in safe mode and trying again. It's most likely an app doing something it shouldn't be.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I normally go to bed with phone around 70%. Last night, same thing. Phone was somewhere in the 70% battery range and this morning 25%. I have not seen 20% since I let the phone run without a charge for two days to see how good the battery was.

Only change, update to "Upgraded" to 8.1. The best thing about this phone was the battery life, now that is gone.

Now I see why non-pixel phones take their time to update to the latest and greatest Android version. SAD

Sounds like you have a problem that is app related. You are in the very very small minority. Everyone else complaining about higher discharge overnight after 8.1 is talking about 7% loss overnight. You are in a special case my friend.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
@paradroid, if you haven't done a factory reset yet I'd suggest doing that. What your experiencing is way out of line.
Losing 7% over nite is the new normal for me and I'm feeling pretty certain the 8.1 recalibrated the battery meter. But your loss is just not right.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
@paradroid, if you haven't done a factory reset yet I'd suggest doing that. What your experiencing is way out of line.
Losing 7% over nite is the new normal for me and I'm feeling pretty certain the 8.1 recalibrated the battery meter. But your loss is just not right.

I may try that. Also, while charging my phone back up this morning - has been fast charging for 2 hours now and at 95% and phone is warm. I never felt this phone ever get warm before. Something is up.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Tell Google Assistant the exact brightness level you want, no more tweaking with the slider control.

Wow! I never knew you could do this! You can also enable and disable adaptive brightness this way, which is a godsend when you forget to do so when heading outside! I usually turn adaptive brightness off indoors because it's distracting to me.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Wow! I never knew you could do this! You can also enable and disable adaptive brightness this way, which is a godsend when you forget to do so when heading outside! I usually turn adaptive brightness off indoors because it's distracting to me.

What is the command to set brightness?

When I say "Set phone brightness to 35%" the google lady tells me "sorry I am unable to process your request".

Other variations of the command give me a link to download "Auto Brightness" from the app store @ $3.80.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

Lux Dash is a really good adaptive brightness app for outdoors, indoors, outer space, wherever. I used it for years up to my LG V20 the other week before I went Pixel 2 XL because so far the adaptive brightness is not bad. But I may give Lux a whirl on Oreo as well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What is the command to set brightness?

When I say "Set phone brightness to 35%" the google lady tells me "sorry I am unable to process your request".

Other variations of the command give me a link to download "Auto Brightness" from the app store @ $3.80.

"Change the screen brightness to 35%" :).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary