Screen Profile / Battery Life

smallindiana

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
I suffered with battery on 8.1 but used the suggested gservicesfix. was super simple and my battery is back to normal. no idea what it did but it's got my vote.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I suffered with battery on 8.1 but used the suggested gservicesfix. was super simple and my battery is back to normal. no idea what it did but it's got my vote.
I'm trying this app out and wondering if it's doing much good. I'm keeping records for a week then going to try it for the next week without just to see how much it helps, if any. A question for you tho, it says it may take more than one application for it to work, maybe 2 or 3 times. How many did you use before you felt it was working? How did you conclude it was back to normal?

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
I'm trying this app out and wondering if it's doing much good. I'm keeping records for a week then going to try it for the next week without just to see how much it helps, if any. A question for you tho, it says it may take more than one application for it to work, maybe 2 or 3 times. How many did you use before you felt it was working? How did you conclude it was back to normal?
I used it once and mine was back to normal dunno

stuarta99

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like I need to download it and give it a blast though. Although won't be able to in work today as doesn't it need the battery to be 100%?

cgonzalez82

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Happy with this from my 2XL...
0afa2718178e5bdd0ce2d576956209f6.jpg

stuarta99

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Ran the gservicefix on mine this morning. Initially was better with still being on 100% when I got in the office rather than dropping 2% but has dropped a bit now. Will see what it's like at the end of the day. I did only run it once

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
On the topic of battery life, has anyone else noticed that the camera will drain battery much faster than most other apps and use cases? It's not a problem, but I'm curious why that is.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
On the topic of battery life, has anyone else noticed that the camera will drain battery much faster than most other apps and use cases? It's not a problem, but I'm curious why that is.

My guess is that the CPU (or whatever part of the SOC that handles image processing) is hit pretty hard when the camera is being used. Also whatever is used to keep the display constantly updated at high frame rate. From what I understand, the Pixel 2 camera is also constantly recording to a buffer and that also contributes to battery consumption.

In general high performance requires high energy. It's like asking "why doesn't my NHRA top fuel dragster get better mileage?"

dennis246

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site

I installed gservicefix yesterday and the result is unbelievable. Battery life is now not back to 8.0 level but WAY BETTER. Not enough time to fully assess the change but so far the drain is extremely slow. I followed the instructions for the app once and it worked (apparently some do it up to 3 times).

Small rant: Some people are saying that this can't work, that its a 4 year old app, not updated or something like that. My opinion is this, battery drain in MANY (not all but many) Android phones over time is well known. I think gservicefix addresses the root cause of Android battery drain which really hasn't changed in the past 5-6 years. Overnight or idle drain was always a problem for Android.
Hardware has changed dramatically, software appearance has changed a lot but current core functions of Android are similar to those in the past.
gservicefix works, period. No need to update or change something that works well and this app is proof!. If it starts to act up or the drain reappears I will update this post but for now count me as a fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21