Change font?

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the font on the pixel 2? I've look in settings and haven't seen the option at all. All I see is change the size. Thanks.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I think with something like Nova Launcher you can change fonts but I do not think that will apply system wide. I don't use Nova so maybe someone who does can chime in..

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I think with something like Nova Launcher you can change fonts but I do not think that will apply system wide. I don't use Nova so maybe someone who does can chime in..
I'm going to give that a try. I have used Nova with my Note 8 but that was a completely different OS so we'll see how this goes.

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
I'm going to give that a try. I have used Nova with my Note 8 but that was a completely different OS so we'll see how this goes.
Nope still can't but on the note 8 you can in settings but it's limited unless you buy their fonts. Plus changing the font will mess up the AoD if you have it enabled.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Nope still can't but on the note 8 you can in settings but it's limited unless you buy their fonts. Plus changing the font will mess up the AoD if you have it enabled.

Nova does not let you change the font settings? Not even for icon text? I could have swore the last time I used it (4+ years ago) that you could change the font...

Maybe it was Go Launcher I was thinking about? I know none of them are system wide but I though some launchers had limited font options..

Last edited:

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I used Aptoide to get the fonts so I never paid for them. But my AOD worked just fine with all the custom fonts.

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Nova does not let you change the font settings? Not even for icon text? I could have swore the last time I used it (4+ years ago) that you could change the font...

Maybe it was Go Launcher I was thinking about? I know none of them are system wide but I though some launchers had limited font options..
Yeah I gave it a try and I couldn't find anything in the settings to make it work. It's a bummer since that is one of the things I do change often and love about using Androids. 😒

Sal Kurc

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
I have a Moto X PE and was told it was not possible to change my fonts, but that's not true. I use Smart Launcher and an app called Fx (an great file manager and editor). If you use Fx to go into "system" and then open the fonts folder, you can preview all the Android fonts available to use. Choose one and it will become the "default" font you see on all your phone's screens. I'm pretty sure this combination should work on virtually any Android phone but I won't swear to it. Let me know if you try it and it works for you.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Let me know if you try it and it works for you.
Perhaps your device is rooted? Although FX https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx does indeed allow me to navigate to the path you mentioned (/system/fonts) it doesn't show a preview of how the fonts look and selecting one attempts to open the font file but there's no viewer installed, nor does it actually change the system font.
55e980f6ec77f239ba0f6a5194e5a1ba.jpg
1d2a1447f585920e042d38e2d4a0e5ff.jpg