Gmail swipe action

VivaTerlingua

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I realize this post should probably go in another forum, but since I'm spending all my time in this forum I'm just going to post it here anyway.

In most email apps you can choose to swipe a message right for one action (in my case, archive) and left for another action (in my case, delete). It looks like in Gmail you can only change what a swipe does, but both swipes produce the same results. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

VivaTerlingua

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I keep waiting for this to change in an update but it never does... Swipe does the same thing either way

That's unfortunate. I notice, that unlike my iPhone, Gmail on Android let's you view email from 2 Google accounts without switching back and forth between accounts. But I'm so used to being able to swipe one direction or the other (I use Spark on the iPhone), that I can't settle on Gmail. I've been using the Email app and it's mostly good, it's search function is just OK though.

DustBow

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
And how about separate notification icons & shortcuts for each Gmail account? It's ridiculous that you need to go 3rd party for this kind of basic functionality even in Android 8.1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC