For those who purchased their new Pixels @ a Verizon retail store, do they pre-install their proprietary apps on the phones and if so, how much & can they be uninstalled? Thanks in advance.
    12-14-2017 01:57 PM
    There are a few Verizon preinstalled apps. I uninstalled every single one of them.
    12-14-2017 02:03 PM
    For those who purchased their new Pixels @ a Verizon retail store, do they pre-install their proprietary apps on the phones and if so, how much & can they be uninstalled? Thanks in advance.
    I bought a Verizon Pixel 2XL at BB to use on AT&T and I think it had like 2 or 3 apps on it that were easily uninstalled. People who bought at Verizon stores have confirmed this is the case with theirs as well. Others who have purchased an unlocked Pixel 2 from Google but used a Verizon sim on them confirm that for some of them the few apps install and for others they don't, but again, always removable.
    maxman1 likes this.
    12-14-2017 02:04 PM
    It is possible to have 3 apps pre-installed. All are fully uninstallable.
    maxman1 likes this.
    12-14-2017 02:10 PM
    I bought my Verizon version through Google and don't recall anything pre installed but even if it is....just remove it.
    12-14-2017 04:38 PM
    It is good to know all of them can be removed. If I recall correctly, I believe my Droid Turbo 2 (and older phones) came pre-installed with some that couldn't be removed, but could be disabled. I bought my Pixel 2 from Google unlocked and use it on Verizon currently, and I believe it only installed one app (My Verizon) unless I transferred/downloaded it during my switch.
    12-14-2017 05:04 PM
    I bought a Verizon Pixel 2XL at BB to use on AT&T and I think it had like 2 or 3 apps on it that were easily uninstalled. People who bought at Verizon stores have confirmed this is the case with theirs as well. Others who have purchased an unlocked Pixel 2 from Google but used a Verizon sim on them confirm that for some of them the few apps install and for others they don't, but again, always removable.
    "I bought a Verizon Pixel 2XL at BB to use on AT&T..."

I was told this phone would not work on AT&T by Best Buy. Can you fill me in because I'm interested in using the phone w/a Moment macro lens for aquarium photos. Verizon has $300 off but I'm not that crazy about switching carriers after 20 years.
    12-20-2017 12:38 PM

I was told this phone would not work on AT&T by Best Buy. Can you fill me in because I'm interested in using the phone w/a Moment macro lens for aquarium photos. Verizon has $300 off but I'm not that crazy about switching carriers after 20 years.
    This phone works on the big 4 carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon).
    libra89 likes this.
    12-20-2017 01:01 PM

It'll work just fine. I double checked with with Google support before I purchased it and they verified the only difference between the phone's Google sells directly and the Verizon Edition is the locked bootloader.

I've seen numerous other users on forums who did the same thing. They bought a BB pixel 2 and just stuck in their carrier Sim and everything works just dandy.

Also, with my AT&T SIM in I received the update to 8.1 shortly after I bought it, within a week.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-20-2017 01:05 PM
    I bought my 2XL thru Verizon on-line. I do not recall any Verizon apps on the phone.

I added the Verizon text messaging, and the My Verizon apps on my own.
    12-20-2017 02:03 PM
    It'll work just fine. I double checked with with Google support before I purchased it and they verified the only difference between the phone's Google sells directly and the Verizon Edition is the locked bootloader.

I've seen numerous other users on forums who did the same thing. They bought a BB pixel 2 and just stuck in their carrier Sim and everything works just dandy.

Also, with my AT&T SIM in I received the update to 8.1 shortly after I bought it, within a week.
    Why did you buy the Verizon/BB version rather than the "direct from Google" version if you're on AT&T? Doesn't the $300 Verizon discount promo require you to be on their service with the discount applied to your monthly Verizon bill?
    12-20-2017 03:11 PM
    Why did you buy the Verizon/BB version rather than the "direct from Google" version if you're on AT&T? Doesn't the $300 Verizon discount promo require you to be on their service with the discount applied to your monthly Verizon bill?
    I needed to put the purchase on two different cards, and speaking to Google on the phone they could not accommodate that. So I was not expecting the $300 discount
    libra89 likes this.
    12-20-2017 03:14 PM
    I needed to put the purchase on two different cards, and speaking to Google on the phone they could not accommodate that. So I was not expecting the $300 discount
    I understand. I'm trying to decide if the $300 off discount makes it worthwhile to switch to Verizon. That's a hefty discount, phones are so overpriced nowadays. Also, if I understand correctly the camera doesn't have manual settings (ISO, fstop, etc.)
    12-20-2017 03:41 PM
    I understand. I'm trying to decide if the $300 off discount makes it worthwhile to switch to Verizon. That's a hefty discount, phones are so overpriced nowadays. Also, if I understand correctly the camera doesn't have manual settings (ISO, fstop, etc.)
    No manual settings but there are some good options in the play store like camera fv-5
    12-20-2017 03:54 PM
    No manual settings but there are some good options in the play store like camera fv-5
    Good to know, thank you.
    12-20-2017 04:06 PM
    Good to know, thank you.
    Sure. Open camera is another option, it's free and open source with good reviews
    12-20-2017 04:10 PM