data usage/battery with data on

Scholfield03

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, getting my pixel 2 in the next couple days. Was just wondering how the pixel 2 is in regards to the amount of data it uses and also how long the phone lasts with data network always left on. I know that some phone are heavier on data usage than others, for example I've heard that iPhones tend to use more data in general than others so was wondering how the pixel is

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
The Pixel uses as much data as you want it to. If you want to restrict data for certain apps, you can do that. If you're on a quality mobile network, be aware that some apps like Facebook, YouTube, etc will see that you have a good connection so (for example) YouTube will serve you up super high quality video so that's going to use more data. This isn't anything to do with the phone.

I have never turned off my data on any Android phone that I've used. I use WiFi at work and home. I get a full day easy with my 2016 Pixel XL. I'm not always on it, playing heavy battery sucking games, but the data connection does not drain the battery at all.

Unless you're on a very small (< 500MB) data plan, you'll be fine. Even then, you can set your data limit in the settings to warn you then shut off your data so you don't get robbed by your carrier. I think you'll love your Pixel 2.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No phone should really use more data. Such as when you stream the same song at the same quality it should be the same size regardless of iPhone or Android. That part really depends on you and what you allow mobile data to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois