I got my Stormtrooper Pixel 2 XL today!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how the reviewers think the display is terrible. It's not. It's on par with every other display released this year.

I don’t think the display is good enough for a $900 device. I got the iPhone X like you did, we go back and forth a lot with devices and I was intrigued to try the pixel again. I had the original pixel that you bashed like there was no tomorrow. I always said it is the iPhone of android devices and I still will say that. However, I got it and used it for two days and went back to my X. If you’re ok giving up iMessage and FaceTime then the pixel will be great for you. At this time in my life, I’m very comfortable with iOS and don’t see a reason to go back to android.

The blue shift is horrendous, the unit I had was awful. People are saying some units look better.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on your Stormtrooper Pixel 2 XL! It's definitely a Stormtrooper phone; especially given what's been happening this weekend... 😃.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I don’t think the display is good enough for a $900 device. I got the iPhone X like you did, we go back and forth a lot with devices and I was intrigued to try the pixel again. I had the original pixel that you bashed like there was no tomorrow. I always said it is the iPhone of android devices and I still will say that. However, I got it and used it for two days and went back to my X. If you’re ok giving up iMessage and FaceTime then the pixel will be great for you. At this time in my life, I’m very comfortable with iOS and don’t see a reason to go back to android.

The blue shift is horrendous, the unit I had was awful. People are saying some units look better.

Nobody in my family or friend circle uses iPhone, so I won't miss it. The iPhone X didn't offer enough features for $1,200. The screen on my Pixel 2 XL is almost as good as the screen on the iPhone X.

But if the X works for you, more power to you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have it when I saw Star Wars on Thursday evening which was too bad. =/
I wish I had a Storm trooper version... I'd be showing it off at Disney Star Wars Galactic Nights to these guys.. :p.
1f1b6703d6fb607ae8d4d374221d8d6f.jpg

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Tried the XL. Nice device but it's no note. Camera processing is great. Google sure know how to crunch numbers.

I think the note is worth the 15pc price bump though.

Will see if the pixel 3 can compete.

Enjoy your stormtrooper, it will serve you well.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Tried the XL. Nice device but it's no note. Camera processing is great. Google sure know how to crunch numbers.

I think the note is worth the 15pc price bump though.

Will see if the pixel 3 can compete.

Enjoy your stormtrooper, it will serve you well.

I tried the Note 8 and it was just too big. It's not very pocketable and it seems like Samsung was throwing a bunch of features in it and hoping a few of them stick. And I used the S Pen like once for the month I had it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried the Note 8 and it was just too big. It's not very pocketable and it seems like Samsung was throwing a bunch of features in it and hoping a few of them stick. And I used the S Pen like once for the month I had it.
Too tall? Because it's actually not as wide as the Pixel 2 XL. I've got big hands so I don't really have problems with any of them. I kinda want to try a Pixel 2 XL. I just can't really justify it to myself. Not yet anyway lol.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Too tall? Because it's actually not as wide as the Pixel 2 XL. I've got big hands so I don't really have problems with any of them. I kinda want to try a Pixel 2 XL. I just can't really justify it to myself. Not yet anyway lol.

Length and width are two different things, especially when it comes to reaching the fingerprint sensor.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife would disagree - strongly - that it's not a bad habit. :)

My wife has basically quit asking me about all the random packages that come in. For the longest time I think she equated it to having a mistress. But now it helps her get the newest phone too, so she quit complaining too much.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My wife has basically quit asking me about all the random packages that come in. For the longest time I think she equated it to having a mistress. But now it helps her get the newest phone too, so she quit complaining too much.

... That's genius! Just pass down your new phones to your loved one - they won't dislike your habit as much. You're a genius! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar