Turn Assistant voice off

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
This needs to happen. I like the squeeze for Assistant feature but I don't need the assistant to then read me text that I can just read myself. I can't use assistant when in a room say with my gf watching TV because it's just disturbing. Would be nice for a quick option to turn the voice on and off as needed. Oy. It kind of makes the squeeze for assistant feature useless in multiple environmental scenarios.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... Well the keyboard feature doesn't reply with a voice, so if discretion is important there's that option.

That's what I've been doing - either saying OK Google and quietly asking my query or pressing the mic on the google search bar and voicing my query. But that means I'm wasting the very cool squeeze to use assistant feature which makes me, ummm, sad!

It's an easy enough feature to implement, after all they have an option where you can switch the Assistant voice from female to male so making it silenced would be nothing

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
That's what I've been doing - either saying OK Google and quietly asking my query or pressing the mic on the google search bar and voicing my query. But that means I'm wasting the very cool squeeze to use assistant feature which makes me, ummm, sad!

It's an easy enough feature to implement, after all they have an option where you can switch the Assistant voice from female to male so making it silenced would be nothing

Switch to the pantomime language pack. No guess here man. I prefer without the voice too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084