Swiping - Post 8.1 Update

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I got the 8.1 update I have found that the screen is far less responsive to swiping gestures. In particular, if I try to swipe up from the lock screen, it can take two or three swipes to actually work. The same is true when I receive a phone call. I will sometimes have to swipe up as many as three times for it to recognize the gesture. Is anybody else having the same problem? If so, has anybody found a solution?

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Swiping for me is fine but sometimes, since 8.1, when I click on icon and long press it, it doesn't register the long press. The touch is recognized cause if I move my finger the screen moves about, it's the icon's context menu doesn't pop up. Anyone have this?

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody else have a problem answering the phone? It typically takes me 2 to 3 swipes upward to get the phone to answer.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I have ALL of this. Some of it seems like each of these gestures just takes more of an effort to fully register or complete the gesture, and sometimes it simply doesn't register. I also have the no touch responsiveness around the edges too. I also think that the touch accuracy and responsiveness is just off altogether on this phone.

That and the slow fingerprint sensor are my two gripes with this phone.

anon(1002654)

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually kicking myself because my husband and I got two new xl's on Thursday night. Friday morning I updated to 8.1. I notice that screen response time is lagging and sometimes I have to tap the screen 3 or 4 times before it responds. Swiping doesn't seem to be an issue. The reason I'm kicking myself is because I don't have anything to compare the update to. I should have waited a few days so I knew if I was having any issues only due to the update. I know better. Anyway, I'm coming from an iPhone 6s for the past two years but always used Android in the past. Other than this response problem, this phone is phenomenal and so many upgrades to Android os have been made in the past two years. I'm very happy with this phone so far. :)))

PS... Very fast FPS too. No problems there.

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It is getting harder and harder to answer phone calls. Is there another way to answer a phone call besides swiping up on the screen?

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Swipe has been a little less responsive since 8.1 for me. Answering calls has been less responsive and my battery life has taken a small hit. Hope this all gets fixed soon.

Those that are not having issues - have you done a factory data reset after 8.1 install? I'm wrestling with the possibility of trying this but I'd rather avoid it if it won't make any difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae