Minimalist case on Amazon?

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I’m looking for a case sorta like the Spigen Liquid Crystal but much thinner. The Spigen is *very* thick and ads substantial bulk to the phone. I’m looking for something more like a Peel case but the Peel’s won’t ship for a few more weeks and I need it now. Is there anything on Amazon that’s 0.3mm or so thin?

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How about MNML? From what I've read it's the same as Peel. I have one. Can't get any thinner. Only complaint is it's pretty slippery. I ended up going with a Pitaka which I like much more. Though it's expensive and currently out of stock. I have gotten $15 in my paypal from them for their referral program. $5 for every referral

Last edited:

anon(1002654)

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I too ordered the Spigen and it's just too cumbersome. I ordered these in clear today from Amazon. They look thinner and I can't wait to get them.The Spigen is just so thick and takes away from the beautiful look of the panda 2xl.
Google Pixel 2 XL Case, As-Guard Ultra [Slim Thin] Flexible TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Silicone Protective Case Cover For Google Pixel 2 XL (Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073YQYJB...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6112211

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I too ordered the Spigen and it's just too cumbersome. I ordered these in clear today from Amazon. They look thinner and I can't wait to get them.The Spigen is just so thick and takes away from the beautiful look of the panda 2xl.
Google Pixel 2 XL Case, As-Guard Ultra [Slim Thin] Flexible TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Silicone Protective Case Cover For Google Pixel 2 XL (Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073YQYJB...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6112283
I like the liquid Crystal. It actually protects your phone from drops without being too thick. To me getting a case only good enough against scratches is a waste of time

anon(1002654)

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I like the liquid Crystal. It actually protects your phone from drops without being too thick. To me getting a case only good enough against scratches is a waste of time

I agree but I have arthritis in my hands and I just find this case a little too big plus it makes the phone heavier which over time makes my hands hurt. Hopefully the new ones will be better.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Consider the Fosmon clear TPU case: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6112559
NKIiOsG.jpg

ZQI2Hqy.jpg

ptTMHEd.jpg

It's only $8, and on Prime. :)

It's thinner than the Spigen Liquid Crystal.

Also, I got the MNML case, but never put it on my phone. PM me if you want it...I'll sell it for cheap. :D

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Oh cool. I think I'm going to get that one ^^. I shelled out $40 for the cloth case bc I had a giftcard but it's pretty dirty after only a few weeks. Plus, the cloth is a bit slippery. It looks cool though. I'd go caseless, but I already dropped one Pixel 2. :'(

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh cool. I think I'm going to get that one ^^. I shelled out $40 for the cloth case bc I had a giftcard but it's pretty dirty after only a few weeks. Plus, the cloth is a bit slippery. It looks cool though. I'd go caseless, but I already dropped one Pixel 2. :'(

I'm usually pretty good with my phones myself, but I also can't trust myself to keep my P2XL from dropping. :p One thing to add is that the sides of the Fosmon has some texture differences compared to the rest of the casing, so that will help hold on to it.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
You might also consider the Thin Fit from Spigen..... pretty good protection without much bulk. The downside for you might be that it is black, not clear.

This is a really good thin case. I loved it on my 6P. But one thing to know is that because of the Pixel 2 XLs rounded screen edges, there's more of a noticeable lip...it might not bother everyone, but I didn't care for the feel of it.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I love Fosmon cases. I have the Trianium clear case but actually use a Chinese knock off of Ringke Vault series. I have the Navy Blue version and it is an awesome sleek think case with decent protection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance