Keeper or Not

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Wondering who is keeping the Pixel 2/XL and why. Is it the battery, the big screen or camera etc. Also if you decide to return it or have returned it, why? Is it screen issues, lack of headphone jack, no wireless charging etc.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Returned the XL2, Screen was the dealbreaker for me. No matter how much I tried to avoid the blue shift tint, it kept staring me in the face. Hoping next year's 3 will be better.

mlynch01

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
2 Pixel 2 XL's here, me and the wife are both keeping ours. Love them! No issues. Blue tint is a non issue for us. Best phones we've ever used.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Wondering who is keeping the Pixel 2/XL and why. Is it the battery, the big screen or camera etc. Also if you decide to return it or have returned it, why? Is it screen issues, lack of headphone jack, no wireless charging etc.

Camera is phenomenal...battery is excellent and I like the big screen.
Wireless charging which I've had before is not essential. I use the dongle so you really don't lose a jack... Just not part of the phone. No screen issues and the blue tint issue is overblown unless you get a bad one which some claim they do.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Camera is phenomenal...battery is excellent and I like the big screen.
Wireless charging which I've had before is not essential. I use the dongle so you really don't lose a jack... Just not part of the phone. No screen issues and the blue tint issue is overblown unless you get a bad one which some claim they do.

Glad all is good with your phones. Makes me want to get one now but like I mentioned earlier, I'm waiting for Storm trooper.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Keeper for me. Amazing performance, battery, and camera. Plus I enjoy actually getting OS updates but also patches such as KRACK fix and other things.

Last edited:

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
100% Keeper and with the sale that just ended on the 15th we got a 2nd one took back iPhone 10 and now Wife loves hers and he free mini and $100 Google Store credit!

Camara, movable Google maps screen to fit and move around as you are needing, no hands unlock and GPS notification when you call 911 with directions on where you are located at the time of call are just a few of the things we love about this phone!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There are many Android flagships I buy thru out the year, only one lasts the entire yearly cycle. Last year Pixel XL and this year it's Pixel 2 XL. Rest all come and go

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Definite keeper for me. Most fluid phone I've ever used. No lag, no freezes, no app crashes. Phenomenal camera, quick updates, works flawlessly. Boxed up my iPhone 7 and been using the Pixel 2 since launch.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Definite keeper... It's the perfect device! For me, the perfect software experience is the lick. Having such an intelligent device with an second to none UI is simply heavenly.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
How come?

It's a little bit taller than what I prefer (I like smaller phones) and battery life so far seems to be just a little better (i.e. just 1 hour more) over the Pixel 1.

I might be surprised, considering that the rest of the phone is great but those 2 things are important to me in any phone (especially the battery life thing). I have only used this for like almost 3 days so we'll see if I change my mind or not later.

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Have Pixel 2, half price from Verizon. Coming from Note 4 but so far has been smooth as butter. Good front facing speakers, good camera, no static/clear phone reception. Note 4 had noisy phone reception from day 1. Have phone in thin, black Spigen case, glass screen protector, black wallpaper. Very cool, good looking phone, slick, everything works.
Jim

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's Definitely a keeper for me.(2XL Panda)
Terrific smooth performance.
Updates
Battery life
Great camera
Dual front facing speakers
Im happy with this phone.
:D

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I got the 2xl and love it. Had one for about a month with no issue then it got a screen burn in of the nav bar, google replaced it with a new one in 3 days it was really cool. and this one is just as nice , well with out the burn in. But one of the main reasons I like other than what has already been said, is because of the no bloat its nice having a clean phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci