Please someone help resolving an annoying issue from day one...1 month has passed and if S3 Frontier is connected via Bluetooth with pixel 2XL, no matter what you do, you cannot make calls and receive calls. Tried calling Samsung, T-MOBILE and no luck.

The phone will be mute, the call will not appear on the watch, however it appears on the phone, and even if you try changing from Bluetooth to phone, nothing will happen.

the call is connected, you see 05 > 10 seconds goes by until the other party hangs up, because either side cannot hear anything.

It will only work if the watch is totally STANDALONE.
    Please assist.
    Thank you
    LCL
    12-20-2017 12:50 PM
    Your questions we're already answered by pixel 2 owners in the Samsung Gear S3 forum no new answers here! Same problem with work around exist see pic below.
    Hoping for a future update to resolve this issue not counting on it
    12-20-2017 05:29 PM
    Good to know. Was contemplating the Pixel 2 XL today cause I'm getting bored with the same old phone. That's a deal breaker though.
    12-20-2017 06:21 PM
    I returned my Gear S3. Too many connection issues with my Pixel 2 XL. It wouldn't let my phone connect to BT in my truck when paired with the Pixel. In the end it wasn't worth it.
    12-20-2017 06:22 PM
    Good to know. Was contemplating the Pixel 2 XL today cause I'm getting bored with the same old phone. That's a deal breaker though.
    Hello what phone are you using now the N8?
    12-20-2017 06:24 PM
    I returned my Gear S3. Too many connection issues with my Pixel 2 XL. It wouldn't let my phone connect to BT in my truck when paired with the Pixel. In the end it wasn't worth it.
    It's really disappointing not being able to accept or make phone calls on the watch was one of my favorite things, but I still enjoy notifications at a glance and I also use as S health & SP Thur the gear app
    12-20-2017 06:26 PM
    Hello what phone are you using now the N8?
    Galaxy S8 plus. So I've been stuck with the same phone for about 8 months. I guess I'll have to wait for the S9+.
    12-20-2017 06:34 PM
    Galaxy S8 plus. So I've been stuck with the same phone for about 8 months. I guess I'll have to wait for the S9+.
    Ok remember you from Samsung forums take care ...
    12-20-2017 06:37 PM
    Ok remember you from Samsung forums take care ...
    You too!
    12-20-2017 06:39 PM
    Thanks guys, I have trouble finding my posts in here. I guess that is why I posted in two different places.
    How do you see where are all your posts? This forum is different to others, where u click your user and statistics and There they are. Also I do not get any notification of replies!
    Help again please.
    12-21-2017 07:44 AM
    Thanks guys, I have trouble finding my posts in here. I guess that is why I posted in two different places.
    How do you see where are all your posts? This forum is different to others, where u click your user and statistics and There they are. Also I do not get any notification of replies!
    Help again please.
    Sorry if I was a bit harsh ,at this time there is no correction for the issue with the BT/Watch other than to turn phone off in the phone settings for Bluetooth on the Watch super disappointing as this is my favorite toy now I have to handle my phone for calls .
    Come on Google get the Bluetooth right on this..... My only complaint!
    12-21-2017 08:06 AM
    I am getting a gear 3 soon. Not so much for phone calls but for Samsung pay (hopefully that works). I probably should have just got a samsung phone again but wanted to try the Pixel.
    12-21-2017 05:14 PM
    I am getting a gear 3 soon. Not so much for phone calls but for Samsung pay (hopefully that works). I probably should have just got a samsung phone again but wanted to try the Pixel.
    Samsung Pay will work just fine with any phone you use, I've used it lately with both the Essential phone and the Pixel 2 XL. With the Pixel the Gear S3 Plugin needed for Samsung Pay installed automatically but with the Essential I needed to look for the APK and sideloaded it in order to get it working.
    paradroid likes this.
    12-22-2017 08:03 AM
    Samsung Pay will work just fine with any phone you use, I've used it lately with both the Essential phone and the Pixel 2 XL. With the Pixel the Gear S3 Plugin needed for Samsung Pay installed automatically but with the Essential I needed to look for the APK and sideloaded it in order to get it working.
    So that's how you do it can you offer up a link for the APK please thank you
    My functionality with Samsung pay is limited because I'm only doing it with the gear app so I can't collect Rewards or promotions
    paradroid likes this.
    12-22-2017 08:24 AM
    So that's how you do it can you offer up a link for the APK please thank you
    My functionality with Samsung pay is limited because I'm only doing it with the gear app so I can't collect Rewards or promotions
    Here you have it.
    12-22-2017 12:05 PM
    Here you have it.
    Thanks
    I have the gear app was thinking this was SP itself?
    12-22-2017 01:47 PM
    Thanks
    I have the gear app was thinking this was SP itself?
    There's not a Samsung Pay app for non Samsung phones, just this plugin for the Gear app so it communicates with the watch and the tokens and transactions you make with the watch, like I said it works as expected and it's a great help for people who loves Samsung Pay but are not using A Samsung Galaxy phone at the moment.
    12-22-2017 05:14 PM
    There's not a Samsung Pay app for non Samsung phones, just this plugin for the Gear app so it communicates with the watch and the tokens and transactions you make with the watch, like I said it works as expected and it's a great help for people who loves Samsung Pay but are not using A Samsung Galaxy phone at the moment.
    Yes you're correct I've been using the gear app on my pixel 2 with my watch for a while now I misunderstood and got excited thinking you had a way to put Samsung pay on there
    12-22-2017 06:12 PM
    Your questions we're already answered by pixel 2 owners in the Samsung Gear S3 forum no new answers here! Same problem with work around exist see pic below.
    Hoping for a future update to resolve this issue not counting on ithttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...838b6c302b.jpg
    That's one of the best features of the gear s3 (To answer calls on the watch). I'm very disappointed that the pixel 2 has so many issues with with the gear s3 and bluetooth. I doubt that Google will even address it cause it's such a small percentage of users ..and whether it could be a Samsung thing but considering that others use the gear S3 on other phones just fine.. I'm thinking it's a pixel 2 issue.
    12-24-2017 10:12 AM
    That's one of the best features of the gear s3 (To answer calls on the watch). I'm very disappointed that the pixel 2 has so many issues with with the gear s3 and bluetooth. I doubt that Google will even address it cause it's such a small percentage of users ..and whether it could be a Samsung thing but considering that others use the gear S3 on other phones just fine.. I'm thinking it's a pixel 2 issue.
    That was my favorite feature and with great clarity too, my Samsung phone would connect to the car and watch I could answer calls 3 different ways , the watch was so good I prefer it over the car's BT that is also excellent.
    I bought this phone to preserve memories with Google photos and that camera quality that's why I'm staying with it, plus pure Android pretty cool too
    12-25-2017 07:37 AM
    I wonder if we would still be having the same problem with an Android Wear watch? I just bought my SG3 so I am going to return it for an aw watch. Probably the LG sport. I find you can do more with an aw watch then you can the SG3 if you are not using a Samsung phone anyway.

I'm curious though if there might be an app we can download which will turn off the Bluetooth to the watch automatically. I know my phone still connects as a media player to the car's Bluetooth even when the watch is linked. I wonder if I can use that as a trigger to turn off the Bluetooth to the watch. Anyone know of an app?
    12-25-2017 08:46 AM
    Tasker is an app that can most likely do what you need. You could tell Tasker that when the phone connects to a media player disconnect from watch. I am having similar problems with Pixel XL2, Gear S2 watch and car BT not playing nice. I have Tasker, just haven't played around with it to try and address the issue.
    12-26-2017 08:17 AM