Anyone having issues with auto-rotate? Mine occasionally doesn't work, and it's not just in one or two apps. I've also obviously confirmed that i have auto-rotate turned on. Couldn't find another thread on this topic. Figured I'd ask around before trying a factory reset. It's very intermittent.
    12-25-2017 03:59 PM
    The only time I've experienced a rotation issue was when i was using Waze. But, hitting the power button to turn the screen off and back on snapped it back into shape.
    12-26-2017 04:22 PM
    Just found out my girlfriend is also having the issue. She has a Pixel 2. I ordered both phones direct from Google on October 4th, and they arrived at the same time (10/30). Perhaps they both came from a bad batch? Seems odd that both of us are having this problem, but nobody else seems to be.
    12-27-2017 07:41 AM
    My 2 XL is doing this to me too. Only way for me to get it working again is to restart the phone... Anyone else seen this issue reported anywhere else?
    01-27-2018 10:12 PM
    Camera even won't rotate...
    01-27-2018 10:16 PM
    This has happened to me a few times. Using the xl. Rebooting fixes the problem.
    01-27-2018 10:35 PM
    This has happened to me a few times. Using the xl. Rebooting fixes the problem.
    Rebooting fixes it but I shouldn't be having to reboot my phone every week just to keep auto rotate working... Lol
    01-27-2018 11:32 PM
    The camera image should rotate as you turn your phone, no matter whether auto rotate is turned ON or OFF.

I've never seen any phone camera do that before! Call support and upload that image to them!
    01-28-2018 02:54 AM
    Mine happens all the time now. Pulling down the notification panel then closing it while in the rotated position usually fixes the problem.
    01-28-2018 08:31 AM
    I have been experiencing it since almost day 1. Auto rotate only works for about an hour before I need to reboot the device. I generally like the device, but this single bug is incredibly frustrating. I wish Google would patch it, because a $950 phone should be better than this. My son has the non-XL version, and it works like a dream. HTC > LG?
    02-05-2018 04:02 PM
    I have been experiencing it since almost day 1.
    If you boot into Safe mode does it work reliably?
    There are lots of folks with the Pixel 2 XL that this is not happening to, so either there's a hardware problem with your device or some 3rd party application is causing this issue.
    02-05-2018 10:11 PM
    Ok, so today I actually caught the failure happening. I need you guys to try something and see if you see the same thing I'm experiencing.

1) With your phone unlocked;
    a) Open your camera app
    b) With your phone horizontal, take a landscape photo
    c) While still horizontal press the photo shortcut to view the photo you just took.

Ok, now 2) close the camera and turn your phone screen off and activate the camera using the double power button press and do the same steps as above. Anything happen differently for you that time?
    02-07-2018 08:16 PM
    No, no difference for me between 1 and 2. Both shots came out correctly and both can be viewed while I'm holding the phone horizontal or vertical.
    I have experienced this auto rotate freezing thing but it's not happening right now so my phone acted as it should when doing your steps.
    02-07-2018 08:28 PM
    What happens to me is that doing those steps with the phone unlocked it acts normal. If I do it from locked then when I press the button to view the picture in landscape it opens in landscape but then flashes to portrait and back to landscape. That's when it locked to portrait on me earlier today. I took a photo from locked in landscape and when I opened the photo it flashed to portrait and got stuck that way. Photo comes out normal, the display orientation is what messes up.

Are there any apps that record your screen so I could show people what I'm experiencing? I used the chat support today and all they wanted to do was try booting in safe mode. Rebooting in ANY mode fixes it for a few days so the only way for me to know if that works is for me to keep my phone in safe mode for a week which I just don't think I can do...
    02-07-2018 09:09 PM
    Ok, find a handy app! Just a note, there is a flash when the screen changes orientation on the recordings. I don't see that in real life, just an issue recording the screen change transition.https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a7bb5e2...407_edited.mp4https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a7bb5eb...214_edited.mp4
    02-07-2018 09:30 PM
    I had no issues trying those steps with the camera. Both ways worked fine for me.

It seems to only occur with specific apps for me. For example, mine will always get stuck when switching orientation in my IP camera monitoring apps (gDMSS lite and Tinycam Pro), when using mobile check deposit in the bank on America app (after going into landscape to take the photo of the check, it gets stuck in landscape), when switching orientation in my Sunday ticket app, occasionally in YouTube, and there may be a few others. But then there seem to be others where it's never an issue at all. It makes no sense at all.
    02-07-2018 09:48 PM
    If I do it from locked then when I press the button to view the picture in landscape it opens in landscape but then flashes to portrait and back to landscape.
    I saw that behavior when I followed your steps but it didn't lock in one orientation or the other - it just worked normally after that brief hiccup.
    02-07-2018 11:28 PM
    I saw that behavior when I followed your steps but it didn't lock in one orientation or the other - it just worked normally after that brief hiccup.
    Actually, after a second try, mine is doing the same thing. It's more of just a hiccup with the camera instead of getting stuck like in my other instances with certain apps.
    02-08-2018 02:30 AM
    Here's an example of my problem when using my IP camera app. I used the front facing camera feature of the screen recorder as an indicator of true screen orientation. Obviously trying to make some effort to maintain privacy, so I'm using Mr Hamilton at the reference

As you can see, when i initially rotate from portrait to landscape, the screen doesn't automatically rotate. It's not until i pull down on the notification panel that it triggers the auto-rotate. It does however auto-rotate back from landscape to portrait without issue. This is the common theme in all my troublesome apps.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4io6Z8eRFayUCLiI3
    02-08-2018 02:59 AM
    Yours they would probably just write off as a 3rd party app issue. There shouldn't be any issues with stock apps though so I really shouldn't be experiencing what I showed in the camera app. Also, I had to make those videos outside of safe mode but I experienced the same thing when I was in safe mode, so I know it can't be 3rd party app causing the problem. I might just have to try a factory reset and see if that fixes it.
    02-08-2018 02:06 PM
    Ugh.... My auto-rotate on my Pixel 2XL has completely stopped working. Frustrating! I can't find a fix anywhere googling around.
    01-26-2019 10:23 PM
    Ugh.... My auto-rotate on my Pixel 2XL has completely stopped working. Frustrating! I can't find a fix anywhere googling around.
    Did you try rebooting into Safe mode?
    Does it happen with all apps?
    Have you done a Factory Reset?
    01-27-2019 10:24 PM