Pixel 2 defaulting to speakerphone

CyBuzz

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing on incoming calls. Will need to keep an eye on it. I know that i did listen to a VM on speaker like someone above mentioned.

When i get the call...only the bottom speaker is on and i have to hit the speaker phone button twice to get back to not being on speaker.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing on incoming calls. Will need to keep an eye on it. I know that i did listen to a VM on speaker like someone above mentioned.

When i get the call...only the bottom speaker is on and i have to hit the speaker phone button twice to get back to not being on speaker.

Mine did the exact same thing today. Two taps on speaker button returned it to normal. Not sure what's setting it off. Didn't so this when I first got it. Seems as if it's been since the 8.1 update.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine did the exact same thing today. Two taps on speaker button returned it to normal. Not sure what's setting it off. Didn't so this when I first got it. Seems as if it's been since the 8.1 update.

I haven't seen that on incoming calls. My goes to speaker when placing through assistant which sort of makes sense.

prlj13

Jan 28, 2018
Visit site
Not sure when this started, I'm on 8.1 but my phone is not defaulting to speaker phone when making and answering calls... The speaker phone button is not highlighted as if it's selected and the only way to fix it is to select and unselect the speaker button... Thoughts?

I have the exact same problem. This is my third Pixel 2, which makes it even more about. I returned my first early on with the random reboot issue, which I believe 8.1 fixes.

With my second, the battery % stopped increasing while charging. It would be plugged in, and show the charging symbol, but the percentage never increased. Very strange.

Now my third has this speakerphone issue, where the speakerphone is on whenever I send or receive calls. It's brutal for answering calls in public. It also happens in the car, whichever is extremely annoying. I can make and receive calls with my handsfree interface, butt all the sound comes from the speakerphone, which is usually in my pocket, making it hard to hear and awkward.

Andreas Lagos

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. This is my third Pixel 2, which makes it even more about. I returned my first early on with the random reboot issue, which I believe 8.1 fixes.

With my second, the battery % stopped increasing while charging. It would be plugged in, and show the charging symbol, but the percentage never increased. Very strange.

Now my third has this speakerphone issue, where the speakerphone is on whenever I send or receive calls. It's brutal for answering calls in public. It also happens in the car, whichever is extremely annoying. I can make and receive calls with my handsfree interface, butt all the sound comes from the speakerphone, which is usually in my pocket, making it hard to hear and awkward.

only thing that fixed it was a hard reset with no backup. sucks, as this is more first experience with android.

Vinnyvinegar

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
I also have the speaker turn on when receiving calls. I have to double tap speaker icon to fix. This is a pretty ridiculous bug, especially when your calls should be incognito, such as at church.