Anyone else still waiting on the 8.1 update?

Tom Furlan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
No love from Google on updating my Pixel 2 XL to Android 8.1, plus my last security update was November 5. I'm on T Mobile. Of course, the update request through the settings menu still does nothing...

Are updates still rolling out, or should we all have them by now?

I know that when I had a Moto X Play, I had to remove my Verizon SIM card to get an update - could this be the same issues, or should I continue to just wait for an update from google?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
re:

No love from Google on updating my Pixel 2 XL to Android 8.1, plus my last security update was November 5. I'm on T Mobile. Of course, the update request through the settings menu still does nothing...

Are updates still rolling out, or should we all have them by now?

I know that when I had a Moto X Play, I had to remove my Verizon SIM card to get an update - could this be the same issues, or should I continue to just wait for an update from google?

You should have gotten updates by now

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
re:

Nope. got the phone a few days ago and 8.1 was ready for me to download and install as soon as I powered on the device.

Tom Furlan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
re:

It seems that because I enrolled in the Beta program JUST before the update was released, I hit some kind of snag. I've heard that un-enrolling in the Beta program will take care of my issue. Thanks for your comments...

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
re:

I am on TMobile too and have the latest 8.1 and December security update. The update arrive right after bootup after the unboxing.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
re:

8.1 was waiting for my phone when I unboxed it yesterday, and I hadn't yet set up a carrier. I specifically booted the phone to update it, then wiped it again to set it up (needed to as I set up the e-SIM for Project Fi).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams