Is it normal for bluetooth headsets to have an effect on app performance?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm using a Pixel 2 xl and a pair of true wireless earbuds.
I'm just using the earbuds for the first time today and noticed that when I open a select few apps while using the earbuds, it runs slightly worse in different ways.

In Zombie Gunship survival, the audio is staticky and cuts very briefly in and out, like the phone has trouble running it but the game runs fine visually.

In a Dance of Ice and Fire, the thing you control is a circle that orbits another circle that normally goes in pretty much a perfect circle. I noticed that only while using the earbuds, it goes in an octagonal ish shape and runs at a significantly lower framerate.

Other apps simply have < .5 sec audio latency while, strangely, Youtube has zero audio latency.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
even my old Nexus 6p runs apps just fine and not many lags nearly at all running Android central, charging it and split screen with YouTube right now and it's still smooth as a 6P, the pixel 2 xl I have is butter, it can easily run it, it's just Android isn't that well optimized and certain stuff like that will have a delay or latency if it's not optimized that well to run together, i doubt it's taxing the CPU in the pixel 2 xl as my 1st Gen pixel never lagged in anything I did

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae