01-18-2018 02:49 PM
163 ... 567
tools
    Need help. Pixel XL 2 on cricket. installed latest update and MMS went out. Pretty normal like last 2 updates, just had to update APN. Did so this time. Still no MMS. Deleted APNs, added new APNs, soft reset, hard reset, factory reset wipe. Still same issue. Anyone else having MMS issues after install? Installed new SIM. Still no MMS send or receive.
    01-11-2018 01:22 PM
    Need help. Pixel XL 2 on cricket. installed latest update and MMS went out. Pretty normal like last 2 updates, just had to update APN. Did so this time. Still no MMS. Deleted APNs, added new APNs, soft reset, hard reset, factory reset wipe. Still same issue. Anyone else having MMS issues after install? Installed new SIM. Still no MMS send or receive.
    Cricket customer here, just reset your API settings and reenter crickets info, possible you left something out
    01-11-2018 02:09 PM
    Unenrolled in Android Beta on both XL and 2XL and Got the January update immediately. I thought I was already unenrolled after the final Android O update.
    dsignori likes this.
    01-12-2018 10:16 PM
    One thing I noticed after getting this latest update is that when you turn off wifi there is a notification at the bottom of the screen saying mobile data enabled. I don't recall seeing that before this update. Seems to also give that same message when you turn wifi on. Must be a bug.
    01-12-2018 11:01 PM
    One thing I noticed after getting this latest update is that when you turn off wifi there is a notification at the bottom of the screen saying mobile data enabled.
    I don't see anything like that when I turn WiFi off or back on.
    01-13-2018 02:40 AM
    Unenrolled in Android Beta on both XL and 2XL and Got the January update immediately. I thought I was already unenrolled after the final Android O update.
    That did it for me. BOOM---there's the January security update.
    01-14-2018 05:07 PM
    This was the fix for me as well. I had not even bothered checking because I unenrolled when the official 8.1 was released.
    01-15-2018 07:36 PM
    One thing I noticed after getting this latest update is that when you turn off wifi there is a notification at the bottom of the screen saying mobile data enabled. I don't recall seeing that before this update. Seems to also give that same message when you turn wifi on. Must be a bug.
    My brother has a Nexus (5 I think). When he was here at Christmas he accidentally turned data on using the quick menu. He was surprised he didn't get a message saying it was being turned on because he had "always seen one before". Turns out when he turned data on in the settings menu, he got the message, but not when he used the quick settings.
    01-15-2018 11:05 PM
    Anyone notice that battery life is back to being really good after the January update? Doesn't stay at 100% for a long time like on 8.1, but drains slower after that.
    01-16-2018 06:54 AM
    Anyone notice that battery life is back to being really good after the January update? Doesn't stay at 100% for a long time like on 8.1, but drains slower after that.
    I've never seen a difference in battery life with any of the updates.
    I still easily get a day's battery life with plenty to spare.
    That's all that matters to me.
    01-16-2018 11:19 PM
    Those that has to opt out of the beta your phone didn't wipe did it?
    01-18-2018 06:38 AM
    Those that has to opt out of the beta your phone didn't wipe did it?
    Nope
    01-18-2018 08:40 AM
    Thanks for this. This worked for me immediately. I thought I had un-enrolled too, but I had not. Great tip, thanks.
    01-18-2018 02:49 PM
163 ... 567