January 2018 Security Patch Update

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got mine sideloaded.

I did notice some lag upon boot. I rebooted like others stated and saw it looked like it was installing something else when booting up. Once it was done and booted up... phone is fine. Slick and quick like you would normally expect.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180103-002508.jpg
    Screenshot_20180103-002508.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 136

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I got mine sideloaded.

I did notice some lag upon boot. I rebooted like others stated and saw it looked like it was installing something else when booting up. Once it was done and booted up... phone is fine. Slick and quick like you would normally expect.
Why can't I up load screen shots anymore after the update? Says wrong jpeg format? Worked for you should for me to? I did nothing but side load the update hummm

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why can't I up load screen shots anymore after the update? Says wrong jpeg format? Worked for you should for me to? I did nothing but side load the update hummm

I loadup desktop, reply, hit advanced, add screenshot, and then submit my post.

Something broke within Tapatalk and our forums. Tech should be on it.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I loadup desktop, reply, hit advanced, add screenshot, and then submit my post.

Something broke within Tapatalk and our forums. Tech should be on it.
Ok thank you , just seemed odd It was at the same time I did the update thanks for the reply

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok mine is working well but a buddy and I have a challenge... see if I can last 1 week on the iPhone X :p. I am now on that phone for the next week while my 2 XL sits and rests.

Wish me luck! lol.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok mine is working well but a buddy and I have a challenge... see if I can last 1 week on the iPhone X :p. I am now on that phone for the next week while my 2 XL sits and rests.

Wish me luck! lol.

Condolences, but look forward to your report at week's end.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Wish me luck! lol.
Good luck, I used the iPhone X at launch for couple of weeks. But once the novelty wore off I'm back to Pixel 2 XL/Note 8. Face Id works awesome but lack of fingerprint sensor is annoying in some circumstances day to day.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Good luck, I used the iPhone X at launch for couple of weeks. But once the novelty wore off I'm back to Pixel 2 XL/Note 8. Face Id works awesome but lack of fingerprint sensor is annoying in some circumstances day to day.

My feelings too about the X. Had it for a couple weeks. FID worked great...but it just adds steps to the whole unlock process without adding value imho

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
IS it true that on previous security patch updates they did not put in the notes fixes to the actual phone, just security fixes, but yet still included fixes to the phone in the patch?

SparklyPickle

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Enrolled in Beta - No update

It keeps showing me this. How long is it supposed to take because I can download it?

Edit: Can't attach a screenshot, it says I don't have permission.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I figure it can't hurt to try for a week. It also isn't cositing me any money due to my good buddy lending it to me so... no real negative to giving it a try.

I am 99.99999999% (repeating) that it won't move me away from Android. I enjoy my 2 XL a lot :p.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Wish me luck! lol.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Enrolled in Beta - No update

It keeps showing me this. How long is it supposed to take because I can download it?

Edit: Can't attach a screenshot, it says I don't have permission.

Are you talking about the January update? If so the OTA isn't live yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000