Pixel 2 or Pixel 3 ?

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I had an original Pixel and loved it. I really wanted another Pixel but the design of the Pixel 2 just didn't do it for me. There is no way the Pixel 3 will have those huge bezels. 9 months to go.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Or get both. That's what I'm doing :)

Pixel 2 XL now, Pixel 3 XL end of this year, keep the Pixel 2 XL as a backup phone and for the occasional overseas trip

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, the OG Pixel and Pixel 2 have those bezels, even after Google knew Samsung and Apple would get small ones. I don't see the design language changing drastically for the Pixel 3.

cgonzalez82

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I think one possibility is that Google will do away with two models and simply make a Pixel that has the XL size screen but on a device that's pretty much the size of the regular pixel 2. That way they can use one screen supplier, likely LG as they're invested into the development and have a device that should satisfy the masses, and maybe continue to sell the current 2 for a reduced price to get more people into the brand.

But who knows, that's just one option I hope happens, if they can release a large screen and smaller device than the current XL I'll be ordering one for sure.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think one possibility is that Google will do away with two models and simply make a Pixel that has the XL size screen but on a device that's pretty much the size of the regular pixel 2. That way they can use one screen supplier, likely LG as they're invested into the development and have a device that should satisfy the masses, and maybe continue to sell the current 2 for a reduced price to get more people into the brand.

But who knows, that's just one option I hope happens, if they can release a large screen and smaller device than the current XL I'll be ordering one for sure.

There's not a lot of room to work with unless you eliminate the front firing speakers

scorpiori

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
The bezzels defentily don't bother me, If so, I actually love how this device (black!) is looking this year with the bezzels along with the speakers.

Wouldn't wait one more day to get it :)

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping Google makes the Pixel 2 more like the S8 - large screen in a small body or fit the speakers in a thinner bezel aka Pixel 2XL for the little Pixel. I had the OG Pixel and Pixel XL and currently have the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. For my use case scenario the most important thing is the camera and the Pixel line of phones absolutely crushes the competition out there.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't see how the P3 could be all that much better than the current P2's. More screen fitted into a same size space with lesser bezels is what I'm thinking. As fast as the P2 is currently I'd probably pass on an updated processor as that and the smaller bezel more screen possiibility might not do it for me. I'm seeing more and more only smaller perks in the upgrades coming down the pike. Prices going up all the time, I may really make a decent attempt to keep a phone for 2 years anyway. That's my plan anyway. Or in lieu of that wait 18 months and get the latest when it's 6 months old, bugs are ironed out and prices have dropped.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I don't see how the P3 could be all that much better than the current P2's. More screen fitted into a same size space with lesser bezels is what I'm thinking. As fast as the P2 is currently I'd probably pass on an updated processor as that and the smaller bezel more screen possiibility might not do it for me. I'm seeing more and more only smaller perks in the upgrades coming down the pike. Prices going up all the time, I may really make a decent attempt to keep a phone for 2 years anyway. That's my plan anyway. Or in lieu of that wait 18 months and get the latest when it's 6 months old, bugs are ironed out and prices have dropped.

I said practically the same thing when I bought the OG Pixel. That device was nirvana for me, and I just couldn't see the P2 being better or making me more satisfied, maybe fractionally at best. I was committed to skipping one generation and making my next purchase the Pixel 3.

And yet... :p

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I said practically the same thing when I bought the OG Pixel. That device was nirvana for me, and I just couldn't see the P2 being better or making me more satisfied, maybe fractionally at best. I was committed to skipping one generation and making my next purchase the Pixel 3.

And yet... :p

Ha, you're right of course and it will take some serious resistance on my part. But I do need to weigh the improvements over cost. Another thing is I bought a case I'm still waiting on as it was a custom make. I paid an insane amount for it as cases go and this played into my keeping the P2 longer. we'll see. If the case were to also fit the P3 then all bets are off. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2