Blue tint on screen

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Dang it is way worse than I thought it would be. I just unboxed my XL and nearly shh my pants the minute I turned it on. This thing is going back.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
How does one become so upset over a blue tint in the screen when it's held at a certain angle that they return their device? I also notice blue tint at an extreme angle. Do I read my phone like that..? No. Is the blue tint viewable from straight on? No. To reach their own.. I wouldn't give up this camera and fluidity for anything though. I do miss the headphone jack...

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
How does one become so upset over a blue tint in the screen when it's held at a certain angle that they return their device? I also notice blue tint at an extreme angle. Do I read my phone like that..? No. Is the blue tint viewable from straight on? No. To reach their own.. I wouldn't give up this camera and fluidity for anything though. I do miss the headphone jack...

It's common knowledge these displays vary with their blue intensity. Mine turned blue as soon as you shift the screen slightly and was bad.

How do I use my phone? All day long at an angle as it sits on my desk, not everyone looks at their phone straight on.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
After a couple months on the pixel 2, I find the oversaturated colors of other manufacturers unacceptable , Natural for me

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It's common knowledge these displays vary with their blue intensity. Mine turned blue as soon as you shift the screen slightly and was bad.

How do I use my phone? All day long at an angle as it sits on my desk, not everyone looks at their phone straight on.

I guess the issue must have been pretty severe in some models. Mine is noticeable, but not a deal breaker. Straight away I grabbed my girlfriend's iPhone and tilted it the same angle as mine and both had the blue tint. What are you replacing with?

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I guess the issue must have been pretty severe in some models. Mine is noticeable, but not a deal breaker. Straight away I grabbed my girlfriend's iPhone and tilted it the same angle as mine and both had the blue tint. What are you replacing with?

I have a iPhone 6s and a Note 5. The Note 5 does have a shift but it is very minor and livable. iPhone being LCD is all good.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I agree with everything you said except for missing the headphone jack. Santa brought me a wireless noise canceling Sony WH-1000XM2 headset. Now I have freedom from wires and great sound.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey OP, I'm with you on this one. My 2 XL had bad blue tint and I just kept telling myself I'd get used to it but I personally use my phone on a slight angle a lot as it sits on my desk often. It became blue instantly any % off straight on. I thought they were all like this then I saw my co-workers. His could go much further off angle than mine and was nowhere near severe as mine. I got a real dud.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't notice any worse off-axis blue shifting on my Pixel 2 XL than I did on the iPhone X or S8 Active. I heard some are duds, which sucks. Getting a good display shouldn't be like playing the lottery.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't notice any worse off-axis blue shifting on my Pixel 2 XL than I did on the iPhone X or S8 Active. I heard some are duds, which sucks. Getting a good display shouldn't be like playing the lottery.

So like you said it is like a lottery or better yet a gamble. Why would a $850 phone leave the factory with so many displays this bad is my question. As much as I love the software on Pixel one I had, I won't give Google my money for the Pixel 2.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It's also common knowledge that there's like 15+ threads about this already you could have posted in...

Come on people!

It had been rumored Google might have been offering devices with less blue tint on the latest devices. This was what encouraged me to buy one.

The reason for a new thread was to point out there is still a problem. To bury a post on another thread would not have been a great way to deliver the message.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
How does one become so upset over a blue tint in the screen when it's held at a certain angle that they return their device? I also notice blue tint at an extreme angle. Do I read my phone like that..? No. Is the blue tint viewable from straight on? No.

This is mine exactly... I dont get it. I also dont look at my phone that way. But maybe theirs are worse.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
There is definitely variance in the shift. I compared mine to display models and friends models before ultimately returning mine for good after going 0 for 2. I compared it next to my iPhone X and saw little to no shift in my X and the 2 Pixel 2 XLs I had would go from awesome to BLUE in a matter of a few degrees.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everything you said except for missing the headphone jack. Santa brought me a wireless noise canceling Sony WH-1000XM2 headset. Now I have freedom from wires and great sound.

I have those exact headphones. I love them. However I sleep with ear buds in. I only have wired ear buds.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Got those for Christmas as well. 20% off.

Fantastic pair. Love them.

Also, yikes! I was sure current batches wouldn't be so bad but it seems some substandard displays are still leaving the factory.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca