Screen goes blank during calls

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Apparently it is a known bug

The Register: Google says Pixel 2's narcoleptic display is being fixed in June update.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/06/18/pixel_2_call_display_narcolepsy/

Actually, in your particular case, as evidenced by the fact that your proximity sensor tested normal, and was capable of functioning normally, the issue was indeed attributable to the bug. However, in the majority of cases where the screen goes black and stays black even after the call has ended, it's because the proximity sensor is either faulty or it's being blocked by something. That's why testing with AndroSensor or a similar app is important in sorting out the cause of the problem.

ed macsmith

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
This has only been happening since last update. So I know their connected.

Yep, same for me, only happened since pie update and unbelievably frustrating bc it basically disables my phone when I take or make a call. Impossible to make a call with a business that requires you to make selections with your keypad.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like you have a "stuck" proximity sensor. Grab an app that can display the sensor status (I use Elixir2) and see if the sensor is detecting object presence when there isn't any.

Once that's determined, if it is detecting objects, I can't say how to fix it, but you at least know where the problem is. You could try it in safe mode to see if maybe an app is causing it.

ShunckWugga

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
More of a quick temporary fix but, this started happening to me on my pixel 2xl, I double tapped the power and pulled up my camera, everything went back to normal. Until the next call that is, but it's a work around till it's fixed. I hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz