Cannot edit photos in Google Pixel 2

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am desperately trying to find out how to draw a line (such as an arrow to point something out) on a picture. I see where you can edit the colors and a contrast or flip the picture, BUT I don't see where I can go in and edit.
I switched from an Android Turbo to this Google pixel 2.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use this.

41cc99476ff139addfb08999f61fe72a.jpg

nwh10

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all. I'd just like to be able to do simple things like type some text in a box on a photo. I tried the free version of PicSay, but couldn't find where to control the brush width. I agree that the Adobe and Sony sketch apps look like overkill.

The Huber screenshot app looks good, but the free version isn't intuitive to me and I can't make it do more than one thing to a photo. For example, after I draw, I can't figure out how to go back and resize. When I save, I don't know where the edited screenshot went.

So....still searching.

nwh10

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, GSDer. On my phone, PicSay doesn't have a Paint effect. Instead, it has Marker, and tapping the blue marker icon (which looks exactly like your brush), there is no dialogue for the shape or size. I'm running PicSay Lite, ver. 1.6.0.1.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, GSDer. On my phone, PicSay doesn't have a Paint effect. Instead, it has Marker, and tapping the blue marker icon (which looks exactly like your brush), there is no dialogue for the shape or size. I'm running PicSay Lite, ver. 1.6.0.1.
Well bummer. The Pro version does say that it includes other effects and features; apparently that's one of them. Sorry.

Randy Byrone

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site

I'm also desperate for this feature. Migrated from Samsung Note to Pixel 2xl. The samsung stylus had so much functionality! I finally installed PicSay and used the marker feature which you canNOT resize in free version and just zoomed on my picture so the marker would be slimmer. So stupid that there is no good way to edit photos on any google product.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Photo Editor by dev.macgyver for several years. A real photo editor, with real tools, not just effects (though it has all those). Slight learning curve but worth it. It gets heavy use by me to resize, crop, and compress photos I've taken with my Pixel 2 XL to make them smaller and lighter for texting and emailing. (Really there isn't much call to fix and correct the picture quality of photos with this camera!)

I can crop a photo, resize to 800px width, and save as .jpg at 50% compression in about a minute. This is great for emailing or texting.

I use Adobe Photo Elements on my PC for photo editing and Photo Editor by dev.macgyver is very similar for use on a phone.