I am desperately trying to find out how to draw a line (such as an arrow to point something out) on a picture. I see where you can edit the colors and a contrast or flip the picture, BUT I don't see where I can go in and edit.
    I switched from an Android Turbo to this Google pixel 2.
    01-08-2018 02:45 PM
    I recommend PicSay Pro https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...core.picsaypro (there's also a free version).
    01-08-2018 04:34 PM
    I find Sketch good for that.
    idiotekniques likes this.
    01-08-2018 06:04 PM
    Avairy
    01-08-2018 06:34 PM
    +1

After trying out a bunch of screenshot and editing apps I settled on just using sketch if I wanted to draw something simple on the screen like you are describing. I use Fotor for most of my other photo editing needs.
    01-08-2018 08:41 PM
    I recommend PicSay Pro https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...core.picsaypro (there's also a free version).
    I have been using this for years and years and years.... No program comes CLOSE to how quickly and efficiently you can take a photo and mark it up with PicSay Pro!
    01-09-2018 12:35 PM
    Snapseed? Just started using it myself.
    Hypnotoadd likes this.
    01-09-2018 12:58 PM
    Got a link? There are a lot of apps named Sketch. Thanks.
    05-04-2018 08:47 PM
    I use this.

05-05-2018 02:04 AM
    I have been using this for years and years and years.... No program comes CLOSE to how quickly and efficiently you can take a photo and mark it up with PicSay Pro!
    Thanks for this recommendation. Just the app I have been looking for.
    05-05-2018 03:59 AM
    Got a link? There are a lot of apps named Sketch.
    I'm guessing that the poster probably meant
    Adobe Photoshop Sketch https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iveapps.sketch
    or
    Sketch https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ymobile.sketch but frankly unless you're an artist those seem like overkill to simply markup a screenshot.
    05-05-2018 04:06 AM
    Thanks to all. I'd just like to be able to do simple things like type some text in a box on a photo. I tried the free version of PicSay, but couldn't find where to control the brush width. I agree that the Adobe and Sony sketch apps look like overkill.

The Huber screenshot app looks good, but the free version isn't intuitive to me and I can't make it do more than one thing to a photo. For example, after I draw, I can't figure out how to go back and resize. When I save, I don't know where the edited screenshot went.

So....still searching.
    05-05-2018 10:38 AM
    I tried the free version of PicSay, but couldn't find where to control the brush width.
    Perhaps this will help.
    Kizzy Catwoman likes this.
    05-05-2018 03:21 PM
    Thanks, GSDer. On my phone, PicSay doesn't have a Paint effect. Instead, it has Marker, and tapping the blue marker icon (which looks exactly like your brush), there is no dialogue for the shape or size. I'm running PicSay Lite, ver. 1.6.0.1.
    05-05-2018 09:46 PM
    Thanks, GSDer. On my phone, PicSay doesn't have a Paint effect. Instead, it has Marker, and tapping the blue marker icon (which looks exactly like your brush), there is no dialogue for the shape or size. I'm running PicSay Lite, ver. 1.6.0.1.
    Well bummer. The Pro version does say that it includes other effects and features; apparently that's one of them. Sorry.
    05-06-2018 01:30 AM
    Well bummer. The Pro version does say that it includes other effects and features; apparently that's one of them. Sorry.
    But I think the OP is using the free version. I bought pro version and mine has the paint brush option.
    05-06-2018 04:03 AM
    05-06-2018 04:03 AM
    No problem. Thanks for helping sort this out.
    05-06-2018 01:35 PM
    I'm also desperate for this feature. Migrated from Samsung Note to Pixel 2xl. The samsung stylus had so much functionality! I finally installed PicSay and used the marker feature which you canNOT resize in free version and just zoomed on my picture so the marker would be slimmer. So stupid that there is no good way to edit photos on any google product.
    07-31-2018 08:29 PM
    I've been using Photo Editor by dev.macgyver for several years. A real photo editor, with real tools, not just effects (though it has all those). Slight learning curve but worth it. It gets heavy use by me to resize, crop, and compress photos I've taken with my Pixel 2 XL to make them smaller and lighter for texting and emailing. (Really there isn't much call to fix and correct the picture quality of photos with this camera!)

I can crop a photo, resize to 800px width, and save as .jpg at 50% compression in about a minute. This is great for emailing or texting.

I use Adobe Photo Elements on my PC for photo editing and Photo Editor by dev.macgyver is very similar for use on a phone.
    08-01-2018 06:22 PM
    For photo editing I use Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop CC subscription on a Windows 10 Pro PC.
    08-01-2018 10:10 PM