Pixel 2 XL or LG V30?

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Contemplating between these two devices as I am disappointed with LG because they just don't push OS updates out (presently using V10 on Android 6.0)...convince me that the Pixel 2 XL is the way to go...

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It entirely depends what your main requirements are?
Sound quality, headphone jack, wide angle camera, themes, one handed mode - go with the V30

Updates, dual front facing speakers, superior cameras - go with the Pixel

I'd choose the Pixel 2 XL personally purely for the cameras and the speakers

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I love pure Android, but I’ve always had a soft spot for LG (and found the G6 to be a fantastic phone).

I’d go with the V30.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I love pure Android, but I’ve always had a soft spot for LG (and found the G6 to be a fantastic phone).

I’d go with the V30.

I just got my husband the G6. His Samsung had the deathly pink line down the right side of screen. Won't ever be buying a Samsung device again. He is so impressed with the G6!

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
I'd just choose the 2 xl directly from Google. The 2xl is already being plagued by LG's infamous bootloop of death and it's only a matter of time before the v30 is hit with it. At least Google has a decent warranty.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd just choose the 2 xl directly from Google. The 2xl is already being plagued by LG's infamous bootloop of death and it's only a matter of time before the v30 is hit with it. At least Google has a decent warranty.

Where do you see bootloops on the Pixel 2XL?
Incidentley....bootloops stopped with the G4 and V10. Very few cases of bootloops on the G5, G6 and V20. In fact most reported cases were not bootloops but spontaneous reboots

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
Where do you see bootloops on the Pixel 2XL?
Incidentley....bootloops stopped with the G4 and V10. Very few cases of bootloops on the G5, G6 and V20. In fact most reported cases were not bootloops but spontaneous reboots

Pixel Reddit, android reddit...you may be right

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Contemplating between these two devices as I am disappointed with LG because they just don't push OS updates out (presently using V10 on Android 6.0)...convince me that the Pixel 2 XL is the way to go...

Yeah go p2xl if the updates bother you you'll Love this phone. It's practically a better v30 with stereo speakers and the camera is WAY better than on the v30.

MizMelzy76

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the V10 and switched to Pixel 2 XL and I'm glad I switched. I do love the V10 but like the pixel 2 xl much better. The phone is not so wide like the V10 and easier to grab one handed. The camera is better on the pixel 2 xl. When in low light the V10 will make things look like water color. Pixel 2 may have a little more grain but much clearer. I am happy with my choice to switch. Though if you are use to having the expandable micro SD slot, I'd opt for the 128gb model. I take lots of pictures and I am glad I have more space.

Mel

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I have both and it is a tough call.

Pixel - updates, camera, support, speakers, feels less fragile, slightly zippier in places

V30 - same size screen/noticeably smaller footprint, wireless charging, SD card, audio, headphone jack, less blueshift (on mine ymmv) right now with the p2 on 8.1 standby battery is better on the v30

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have both and it is a tough call.

Pixel - updates, camera, support, speakers, feels less fragile, slightly zippier in places

V30 - same size screen/noticeably smaller footprint, wireless charging, SD card, audio, headphone jack, less blueshift (on mine ymmv) right now with the p2 on 8.1 standby battery is better on the v30

I thought we were comparing 2xl

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Right now, yes. I do think it is temporary though as 8.1 did make battery worse on the pixel.

My v30 sat on my desk today (and on) when I was in a meeting,. Almost 3 hours and still 100%.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I had the V10, V20 and loved those phones. Two of the best ever. I still miss the wide angle camera, both front and back. (Although the V30 front camera is a joke).

But everything else I just love more about the Pixel XL. Particularly no lag. I mean none. And I have all kinds of macros, taskers, and side buttons going on. Thing is zippity fast.

I'm still keeping my V20, as a home device to control my lights and music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user