I see that there is a significant price reduction for the Pixel 2 in the UK, while those of us in the Former North American Colonies are "allowed" to pay full price.

Humbug!

Having said that, I am absolutely delighted with my new today Pixel 2, but if Google wants to refund part of what I paid, I wouldn't argue about it.
    01-11-2018 08:55 PM
    It's discounted over here in the UK due to below expected sales figures, however Google's marketing of the devices hasn't been as good as it could have, I think around Christmas time was the first time I noticed an advert on TV and it had already been released months previously!

Add to that, the largest independent phone company over here Carphone Warehouse bought quite a few it would seem in preparation for it being a sales hit, that now it's not, they are heavily reducing the prices meaning Google themselves have no alternative but to do the same thing.

I'm quite glad sales figures haven't been as high as they could, it means an already expensive phone is unlikely to be increased in price further when the Pixel 3 comes along, and that Google will have to work harder to make it a success in terms of the phone itself and marketing.
    BBook1999 likes this.
    01-12-2018 10:44 AM
    Well, I hope many folks over there are able to take advantage of this situation.
    01-12-2018 04:14 PM