Bluetooth / Phone doesn't ring

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Pixel 2XL and have noticed that when the phone is connected to a bluetooth device the phone will not audibly ring. In my car, the music will interrupt and switch to the phone section of my car's screen, but it will not ring. The same happens with an external speaker I use for conference calls - the speaker will flash for an incoming call but it will not ring.

This happens regardless of the sound settings on the phone and is unique to the 2XL. Every other phone I've used rings... Has anyone encountered this as well? Any thoughts as to a solution?

BrotherV

Jan 31, 2019
Visit site
I have the same issue with the Pixel 2 (regular 5 inch version). I'm constantly missing calls or texts because the phone won't make an audible ringtone when connected to my bluetooth headphones (which i'm often not wearing at the time). How can I get the phone to ring like every other phone?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Strange - my car head unit "rings" for incoming calls on a P2. (Standard ringtone that I chose.) It may have something to do with the head unit or Bluetooth setup - sending the ringtone on a channel that's not connected to Bluetooth. (There are 4 channels - Media, Call audio, Ringtone and Alarm.)