My pixel 2 xl screen cracked :(

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I only had it for about a week. Fell out of my pocket and hit the corner of the counter. Immediately went to ubreakifix and it was about 240 all in. Sucks. It cracked in the corner of the selfie cam and it effected the pics or I would have waited.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I hate cases.

Well it's time to put on your big boy pants and make a decision - do you hate cases more or messed up broken phones from drops. Hey if you can afford to drop a few hundred bucks everytime you drop your phone, and some people can, maybe that's a route you can take. But for everyone else who isn't part of the .001% that really never drop their phones ever, a case just works. Like anything, there are good cases and bad cases.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
As an alternative, people could be more careful with their expensive things, and the problem would go away.

Maybe some people put a case on their phones and then treat them like hockey pucks but I'm willing to wager that is not the case, no pun intended.

I've gone months without dropping my phone once with a case on it but all it takes is just once. Even when I drop the phone with a case on it inside I am saying '****, ****, ****, ****'. so I'm not treating it cavalierly.

It's just common sense, you have a small device that you use all over the place that is, at the end of the day, quite fragile. The only logical conclusion is to protect it.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I just dont like the way cases feel in the hand. I will just continue to take the chance. This was the first cracked screen I have had on any device. It slipped out of my hoodie pocket when I was reaching in the cupboard and I went to save it and slapped it on the corner of the counter myself. Oops.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I hate cases.

And your phone hates falling on concrete. Haha.

Anyway try to contact your credit card company to see if they have any protection against this. They might reimburse you. I lost my Nexus 5x 2 years ago and my credit card company credited me back the cost of the phone since it was within 90 days.

Madam ImAdam

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Everyone has a right to post here whether we agree with the post or not unless it violates our forum policy.

Of course ^.

I just meant that posting that his phone broke when it was dropped is in my opinion unnecessary to state the obvious.

Maybe this helps someone as an FYI... I just got this card and cancelled my carrier's insurance.

Get Free Cell Phone Insurance With the Uber Visa Card only... a $25 deductible and you can make 2 claims per year and no more than $1,200 total.

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Dropped my phone in the ocean while fishing. Had it in my shirt pocked, bent over and splash! Not smart. Now when I fish I leave my phone in the truck. Smart.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Of course ^.

I just meant that posting that his phone broke when it was dropped is in my opinion unnecessary to state the obvious.

Maybe this helps someone as an FYI... I just got this card and cancelled my carrier's insurance.

Get Free Cell Phone Insurance With the Uber Visa Card only... a $25 deductible and you can make 2 claims per year and no more than $1,200 total.

His post may help someone else who elects to go caseless change their mind

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
It's just common sense, you have a small device that you use all over the place that is, at the end of the day, quite fragile. The only logical conclusion is to protect it.

There's another side to this argument. Some people want to enjoy that device as much as possible during its relatively limited operational lifespan without a clunky case or awful-feeling screen protector on it. It's like getting a nice, comfy couch then covering it in protective, sticky vinyl covers. What's the point?

My 6P lasted nearly 2 years without a case or screen protector and survived 2-3 drops (indoors on smooth flooring) without damage. I only put a case on it in its last few months of service after a botched up battery replacement job by uBreakiFix.

Sure, accidents happen and everyone has to make their own risk-vs-reward decision. I'm going for the middle ground and using a sleeve for my naked P2. It feels great in the hand and I still have scratch and small-bump protection while I'm not using it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan