So hard deciding!

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
More than anything, the Pixels are basically a blank canvas to add all the special tricks you want and will use as opposed to having the manufacturer decide for you. I always have a very clean, uncluttered screen but still need need access to various apps and functions....so one app lets me swipe from the edge and get a floating pad of my most used apps, another adds additional quick launch icons to the notification shade, and the launcher lets me double tap the screen to get the full app drawer (as well as hide all these utility apps so the drawer is less cluttered).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
More than anything, the Pixels are basically a blank canvas to add all the special tricks you want and will use as opposed to having the manufacturer decide for you. I always have a very clean, uncluttered screen but still need need access to various apps and functions....so one app lets me swipe from the edge and get a floating pad of my most used apps, another adds additional quick launch icons to the notification shade, and the launcher lets me double tap the screen to get the full app drawer (as well as hide all these utility apps so the drawer is less cluttered).

Sounds like a great setup you've got there. :)

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Please elaborate with the apps you use to...
1. swipe from the edge and get a floating pad of most used apps
2. add additional quick launch icons to the notification shade
3. double tap screen to get the full app drawer

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Please elaborate with the apps you use to...
1. swipe from the edge and get a floating pad of most used apps
2. add additional quick launch icons to the notification shade
3. double tap screen to get the full app drawer

1. SwipePad
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.conduction.swipepad.android&hl=en
2. Notification Toggle
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.notificationToggle&hl=en
3. Apex Launcher, and pretty sure Nova allows for this as well, it's a simple gesture command

IanThomas

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
For an excellent swipe-in that allows you to add short cuts to your favourite apps as well as a whole raft of useful toggles, search the Play Store for Shortcutter. It's a customiser's delight.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For an excellent swipe-in that allows you to add short cuts to your favourite apps as well as a whole raft of useful toggles, search the Play Store for Shortcutter. It's a customiser's delight.

This is awesome - thank you so much for the recommendation! How much does it cost?

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I went from the Note 8 to the Pixel 2 XL. There are times I miss the S-Pen and the vibrant screen but I can't seem to go back. I am really enjoying the minimal approach to Pure Android (no Samsung Apps or Bixby in the way), Oreo 8.1 has many subtle changes that I love and can't downgrade from, , the 128GB storage with no need for MicroSD and yes, it isn't a bandwagon: the Camera truly is outstanding.

IanThomas

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
This is awesome - thank you so much for the recommendation! How much does it cost?

You d/l the free version. It does most of what it is capable of. There is an in-app purchase option for premium. This unlocks the restrictions on the free version. The Dev also has a couple of apps that are donation channels. I can't remember the cost of premium but I paid it and donated as well.

Free tip: d/l the app 'Shortcut to My Apps'. This will then take you directly to your installed apps and start updating them. If you then make Shortcut to My Apps a tile on Shortcutter you then only have to slide out the sidebar and tap on Shortcut to My Apps. Your installed apps will then start updating. Brilliant!

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
With your phone unlocked and fingertip on the top edge of the sensor housing slowly draw your fingertip down into the sensor area and out the bottom of the sensor. Voila! Your notification shade pulls down. Running your fingertip from bottom to top replaces the shade.

If you swipe down once you only bring down the notifications section of the shade. If you swipe down a second time on the fingerprint scanner, you fully extend the shade to show your quick tiles (WiFi, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, etc.).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You d/l the free version. It does most of what it is capable of. There is an in-app purchase option for premium. This unlocks the restrictions on the free version. The Dev also has a couple of apps that are donation channels. I can't remember the cost of premium but I paid it and donated as well.

Free tip: d/l the app 'Shortcut to My Apps'. This will then take you directly to your installed apps and start updating them. If you then make Shortcut to My Apps a tile on Shortcutter you then only have to slide out the sidebar and tap on Shortcut to My Apps. Your installed apps will then start updating. Brilliant!

Wow, that's awesome! Thank you so much for explaining that!