Right now I'm not sure if I even want to try my luck with another one.
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone else end up with screen banding?-20180115_174216.jpg  
    01-15-2018 06:18 PM
    I went through 2 2xl's I think it was. First had a green yellow pink screen with dead pixels. The next had a line like yours but grey and also a dead pixel. I have a small pixel 2 now and it's fine. Though I'd prefer the bigger screen.
    Hoping the more recent batches are better.
    01-15-2018 06:41 PM
    Ew, gross. Yeah definitely return that. That's not just banding, that appears to be damaged.
    01-15-2018 06:49 PM
    Ew, gross. Yeah definitely return that. That's not just banding, that appears to be damaged.
    It actually went away after a little while, wish blew my mind - it actually looked way worse/damaged at first and then slowly got better until it went away.

I'm definitely returning it, and I guess I'm done trying to actually have a Pixel 2 XL that works. Which is a shame. The software is so good.
    01-15-2018 07:05 PM
    It actually went away after a little while, wish blew my mind - it actually looked way worse/damaged at first and then slowly got better until it went away.

I'm definitely returning it, and I guess I'm done trying to actually have a Pixel 2 XL that works. Which is a shame. The software is so good.
    I was considering a huawei mate 10 pro after my bad luck with xl's but never had huawei so not sure if I'd like it.
    CConn882 likes this.
    01-15-2018 07:09 PM
    Yeah, I feel the same way about Huawei. I've just experimented with so many different Android OEMs...I think I'm done exploring any more. Hopefully the Pixel 3 XL is actually a phone you can keep.
    mwboost likes this.
    01-15-2018 07:15 PM
    I feel the same way you guys do... I loved my 2xl at first, but now I have "Lockscreen and dialer swipe" issue (the phone wont unlock straight away with a screen swipe... Passcode or general swipe.. takes 4 or 5 attempts.. and in the dialer.. sometimes swipe and buttons dont work..(Google know about this and are trying to fix it)...

On the whole, even without the Blue tint, the overall screen looks a bit faded and washed out.

Also, thought my speakers were off point, turns out Google intensionally set the Left speaker at 10db quieter, due to a distortion problem they found in the ear piece when making it..

Ringtones and Notify volume is too low... missed 2 phone calls today..

Im so sick of Android right now, every phone Ive bought in the last 6 months has had some kind of issue and Im seriously thinking of getting an iPhone 8 Plus st this point
    01-15-2018 07:36 PM
    I tried that, but I just couldn't do it. The iPhone feels downright slow and unproductive compared to Android at this point.
    01-15-2018 08:40 PM
    I tried that, but I just couldn't do it. The iPhone feels downright slow and unproductive compared to Android at this point.
    I dont know if I can either tbh, the horror stories of IOS 11 and the way Apple are scr*wing their updates and customers is kinda putting me off...

Im looking at maybe a Mate 10 pro or a 1+ 5T
    CConn882 likes this.
    01-16-2018 04:31 AM