Dust collecting around speaker grills

DarkNeo

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have a problem with this? Seems I'm getting some dust around the grill that I can't get out. Looks like dust to me or could be some sort of adhesive.

DarkNeo

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to try and pick at with something this and use some compressed air. Just hope I don't damage anything.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to try and pick at with something this and use some compressed air. Just hope I don't damage anything.

Could just push it further in....suction might be better.....try a piece of tape if you can get at it

Last edited:

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
One of the most useful accessories I have is a 2" natural bristle brush that I picked up in the paint dept at Home Depot.
I use it daily on my laptop screen and keyboard and on my Pixel 2 XL.
It very effectively brushes off dust on the speaker grills, screens and around the keyboard keys.
I wouldn't be without it.
I believe it cost about $2.
Home Depot SKU# 130-249

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
One of the most useful accessories I have is a 2" natural bristle brush that I picked up in the paint dept at Home Depot.
It very effectively brushes off dust on the speaker grills, screens and around the keyboard keys.
Home Depot SKU# 130-249

Wow! What a great product! Thank you for the recommendation!

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Home Depot SKU# 130-249

I second this. However, I just use a soft bristle toothbrush and that seems to get the job done quite well.