how to charge rapidly Pixel2 XL?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When it comes to "CHARGING RAPIDLY" on Pixel2 XL, is there a difference in the actual "usb C cable" for charging speed?

My goal is to get "Charging Rapidly" when plugged into my car. (like when using the factory wall adapter).

I have a QC3.0 charger from "Ailun" on amazon (can we not post links?)

and the cable I bought turned out to not support Pixel2 XL "full speed charging"

So what car charger will give me "Full Speed Charging" ???
(my phone display is on long and often, so I need warp speed here)

And will any USB 3.0 cable provide "Full Speed Charging" or what specs should I look for when purchasing?

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I don't believe so if you have QC 3.0. I do get slightly faster speed with the stock charger, which I didn't expect. Usually around 1070 mA. While my Anker charger is at 1020 MA. However it could be cable as its 6 feet. I use the Ampere app to measure.

My biggest issue is the the way the phone slows down charging at about 90% full or so. It drops down to 550 mA, which is why it takes so long to get all the way to 100%. Is there a work around for this issue yet?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
When it comes to "CHARGING RAPIDLY" on Pixel2 XL, is there a difference in the actual "usb C cable" for charging speed?

My goal is to get "Charging Rapidly" when plugged into my car. (like when using the factory wall adapter).

I have a QC3.0 charger from "Ailun" on amazon (can we not post links?)

and the cable I bought turned out to not support Pixel2 XL "full speed charging"

So what car charger will give me "Full Speed Charging" ???
(my phone display is on long and often, so I need warp speed here)

And will any USB 3.0 cable provide "Full Speed Charging" or what specs should I look for when purchasing?

What type of connector is on the charger?
All of my C to C cables work with any USB C charger I own.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe so if you have QC 3.0. I do get slightly faster speed with the stock charger, which I didn't expect. Usually around 1070 mA. While my Anker charger is at 1020 MA. However it could be cable as its 6 feet. I use the Ampere app to measure.

My biggest issue is the the way the phone slows down charging at about 90% full or so. It drops down to 550 mA, which is why it takes so long to get all the way to 100%. Is there a work around for this issue yet?

No workaround that I know of. I think it is just the way Lithium Ion batteries charge. The battery when close to being full cannot take the amperage. They would probably explode.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I find no need to charge in the car I always make the day , I do however listen to BT music in the car constantly

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
QC 3.0 doesn't support USB PD, QC 4.0 does. But screw QC, just get a normal charger that supports USB PD and don't worry about it.

chad markham

May 19, 2013
Visit site
So I at the same issue with my pixel 2 XL. If I plug in with an LG v30 charger my phone says "charging rapidly" but if I use the charger that came with the pixel 2 XL it just says "charging" even though they both charge relatively the same rate,. Average 1010 -1070 mAh. I also own a Nexus 6 and if I use a Qualcomm 2.0 or 3.0 charger I get in the range of 2000 to 2500 mAh. It doesn't make any sense to me. The only difference is that the Nexus has the micro USB while the pixel has the USB C. So does it matter if it's a Qualcomm 3.0 or is it just the ampage of the charger?