verizon you are an evil pos extended lol

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Received my refurb, which my new Verizon devices screen stopped working and was prompted to wait a day to try an remedy the issue, but the day after my return policy i was told i would still get a new phone, but nope. Now the refurbished pixel 2 xl battery is utterly pathetic, i didnt pay for a phone with charge cycles on it my brand new 2 XL had less than 20 cycles on it.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Heree a screenshot of my brand new faulty pixel 2 xl with a screen defect, screwed over is the least i can say

Attachments

• 338.jpg
    338.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 86

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
So... what's the problem? I see 3 glaring differences in those screenshots.

The replacement device has been off charge more than 3x longer than the original
The replacement device is not in airplane mode (so it's maintaining connection to cellular data which consumes battery power).
Adaptive brightness is turned on for one but not the other.

Fine, I get that there is a difference in screen-on time but that is hardly an indicator of the battery performance when other factors are not equal, especially adaptive brightness which is important when comparing screen time between devices.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Was the one in airplane mode all the time? If you compare any phone sitting in airplane mode to a phone using its cellular radio there will always be differences :p.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Next time, ask for a written statement (even an email is ok) from the rep promising you that you can get a new exchange after the return period.

Without that it becomes he said she said,unfortunately. But you can still do a notice of dispute or file a complaint with the bbb or state ag, if you wish to ask Verizon to honor their oral commitment.

Note that I am assuming it was oral, if it was written then it would would be easy for you to win with the method above

Also, Next time consider buying through Costco. You have 90 days to get a new exchange. Still 14 day return period though.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
as hallux stated earlier, there are too many variables. Both phones were not off a full charge for the same amount of time, one was in airplane mode, one wasn't, etc.

It's not Verizon's fault they are following the return policy. if you really were having issues you shouldn't have let them talk you into waiting to go past your return window. at some point your new device isn't new anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs