is pixel 2 your main driver?

philesk

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has two phones they switch between and if so what phone and what situations do you use them in?
I am using my Essential PH-1 as my daily phone. Currently running Oreo Beta 3. Camera is just OK, but I don't really use my phone's camera that much. I have backup phones: OnePlus One & Two, Nexus 5, Palm Pre 3, Samsung SG3 - all in a drawer and unused due to lack of current updates.

vladdracul1431

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I daily drive the Essential phone. I decided that, for $500, even if this thing ****s the bed after a year, I'm not out that much. The screen is still impressive looking and the phone has a solid and heavy feel. The real kicker for me, though, was that Essential seems to be really backing their product and being quite open about it. That makes all the difference. I moved to the Essential from the Nexus 6P which served me well over the last two years but is now suffering from a cold-temp premature shutdown bug. I still keep it on hand as a backup, a gaming device, a media device and a camera if I need something more capable. It lets me go 2 days before charging my Essential.

GranPaSmurf

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my Galaxy S7 Edge. I always liked the appearance. To me it's a beautiful device and there's nothing I want to do that I can't.
But I am gritting my teeth about still being on Nougat 7.0. I didn't expect Samsung/Sprint to abandon those of us bought the top-of-the-range device not so long ago.
As soon as I can make the finances work out I will be buying a new Pixel 2 XL. I like the size because I am addicted to e-books and, even if it's a bit behind Samsung, I like the idea of Google keeping it regularly updated.

tmulhearn

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Agree. The size never bothered me though , but I too grew tiresome of Samsung software. Love the look and build of the note 8, but prefer my replacement pixel 2 xl for the OS. And I tried but never got used to that fingerprint scanner location, it's just better on any phone that puts it in the middle

naijab0y

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm on a BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I have no idea how I'll ever go back to a virtual keyboard. This phone is just so fantastic.

I get that virtual keys are the norm now but I totally get why pc's and laptops have remained with physical keys. Virtual keys became a necessity so we could get more from the small screens on cellphones. PC's and laptops already have big screens so virtual keys are unnecessary. For those of us that are not media content consumers and use a phone for messaging as it's main purpose.. physical keys are definitely better.

David Mandel

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Moto Z2 Force. When price went to $375 on T-Mobile, it was in my price range for a top spec phone. Love the Mods and use them all the time (wireless charging around house, battery on the road, JBL for fun and sound). Sleek, well made, solid phone. I use a mirrorless camera with optical zoom for "real photos," but the Moto works in a pinch. It's a phone and computer, not only a camera.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
The original query should be modified to something like, "for those that actually own a Pixel 2 or 2 XL, is it your daily driver?" It goes without saying that if you don't own one, it's not going to be your main phone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The original query should be modified to something like, "for those that actually own a Pixel 2 or 2 XL, is it your daily driver?" It goes without saying that if you don't own one, it's not going to be your main phone.

Based on past experiences....people without owning one would still post....maybe a slight reduction in the amount though.

Ron McCord

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I hope to upgrade soon to the Pixel 2 xl

I am Android everything including Project FI and G Suite

Android and google the only complete ecosystem that includes cell phone service!

Would be cool to have a pixel Xl that is some sort of rubbery plastic durable, water proof
that did not need a case, was grippy and light...

I really did like the Nokia 1020 yellow plastic phone...
not in love with Heavy metal slippery phones, you have to add a case anyways to protect and grip them, no point into making them expensive as most put a case on

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a cabinet full of cell phones so my Pixel 2 is my only phone. I have a list of relatives waiting for my hand-me-downs.

sraj49

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I moved away from Samsung Galaxy s8+ to Pixel 2 XL panda. Honestly the phone is a beauty in all aspect. Camera is excellent and the whole experience is so fluid and fast. I am happy i upgraded to Pixel 2 XL from Galaxy s8+

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm on a BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I have no idea how I'll ever go back to a virtual keyboard. This phone is just so fantastic.

I get that virtual keys are the norm now but I totally get why pc's and laptops have remained with physical keys. Virtual keys became a necessity so we could get more from the small screens on cellphones. PC's and laptops already have big screens so virtual keys are unnecessary. For those of us that are not media content consumers and use a phone for messaging as it's main purpose.. physical keys are definitely better.

Are you truely a Naija Boy?