is pixel 2 your main driver?

brat1475

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
I go back and forth between a Note 5 and an iPhone 7 Plus. I bought the Note 5 off of Gazelle, and love it. My only complaint is the battery life. Otherwise, I use the S Pen and Samsung Pay. I switch back and forth between phones depending on my mood.

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
the pixel xl2 is my main device and then my other line is iPhone 7+ just because unfortunately some things work better with apple

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I had a Samsung Note 8 and recently sold it and bought a Pixel 2 XL (Panda). I really like the pixel so far and fell in love with the software right away. I likes the note 8 at first but Samsung's software grew tiresome. I also thought that the phone was always just too big to carry and use comfortably. the pixel seems to be just the right size for everyday use.

With that said I do have a Razer phone that I use from time to time. There is a lot a like about the Razer ( speakers, screen refresh rate, gaming, Nova). The actual form factor is a little too combursom and the screen never gets bright enough when you want it to. I thought about selling it but the potential release of project Lynda has me really excited. Right now my sim is steady in my pixel panda but I do fire up the Razer and connect to WiFi for gaming sessions.

I have been a huge fan of Android over the years, my first Android goes back to the HTC hero. I have had a lot, I mean a lot of Android over the years but I can day without a doubt that my Pixel is the best overall experience to date. Google has really done a great job overall with this year's pixel and I'm glad that my panda is in my pocket daily.

I'm in the same predicament and am considering switching as well. How has the experience been so far? Anything you're missing from your note 8?

Kida66

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Dmateo...

So far I've have no regrets switching from the Note 8. It's been a smooth transition and very little learning curve. With the pixel everything just works and that's something I love. What I found strange is that both phones are virtually the same size but the pixel 2 XL feels so much better in the hand. I do miss Samsung pay which is the best out there but not enough to keep me away from the pixel. I just bought the pixel buds and I'm excited to see how well they work with the phone. The camera is also something that I loved on the note 8 and I can say that the pixel is a whole step above . Clean photos with a lot of fine detail and the portrait mode is outstanding. Bottom line is that the note 8 is a great device but for me the Pixel is just an overall better experience for me.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
The Pixel 2 is my daily driver but I'm returning it today. The camera is excellent but I realize that I want a manual/pro mode. I came from the V30. Though the V30's camera is inferior, I enjoyed that phone more. The wide angle is fun. I liked tweaking the manual mode when shooting stills & listening to the quad Dac w/ legit headphones or monitors is amazing. This is coming from a musician/artist so it's just meant to be a different perspective & might not be ideal but just felt like sharing.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Dmateo...

So far I've have no regrets switching from the Note 8. It's been a smooth transition and very little learning curve. With the pixel everything just works and that's something I love. What I found strange is that both phones are virtually the same size but the pixel 2 XL feels so much better in the hand. I do miss Samsung pay which is the best out there but not enough to keep me away from the pixel. I just bought the pixel buds and I'm excited to see how well they work with the phone. The camera is also something that I loved on the note 8 and I can say that the pixel is a whole step above . Clean photos with a lot of fine detail and the portrait mode is outstanding. Bottom line is that the note 8 is a great device but for me the Pixel is just an overall better experience for me.

Thanks for this.. it really helped

I have both sizes and honestly prefer the smaller version purely for it's pocketability so I would consider that my main driver although it's currently away having the rear glass replaced. It's easily the most responsive handset I've ever used - recently had an S8 and an LG G6 both of which were great in their own ways just not as snappy. Bigger bezels don't bother me at all...not even a little bit. Pixel 2 is a tool and great industrial design. Samsung has joined Apple in making expensively and tech jewelry at this point imho.

U could come here for a while and he said its cool I

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
My daily is a Note 8 while my Pixel 2 XL is my "home phone". I really only use my Pixel at home with one exception. If I know I'm going somewhere I'll likley be taking a lot a photos I'll pop my SIM in my Pixel.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a work phone (iPhone 7 Plus) and my personal phone (Google Pixel 2 XL).

Using two phones is great as I am always up to date on see what the who platforms have, and if I had to choose one, I'd definitely go with the Pixel 2 XL.

I will say however, that iMessage is pretty awesome. Getting a message from anyone and having it pop up on my laptop/work PC and I can just reply from there is pretty awesome. Google really need to beef up Allo and make it a legit iMessage competitor. I can see why people say it's hard to move away from.

But I just prefer android more and specifically the direction Google takes on Android. I recently had a Note 8 which I sold, I just didn't like the software and it didn't feel as snappy as the Pixel 2. Oh and the camera on the Pixel 2 is bonkers good.

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I was bored with my X too...yup I was bored with a $1,000 phone! Isn't that crazy? I got the pixel 2 and love it. Just not sure which one to keep!
I'll be keeping both, because I'm crazy. The iOS ecosystem lock in is real. Only thing keeping me tied to Apple.