is pixel 2 your main driver?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has two phones they switch between and if so what phone and what situations do you use them in?

Looking for responses from pixel owners

Last edited:

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I switch between the pixel 2 XL and the essential phone. Essential phone is hands down the best feeling phone I've ever had but the camera and reception are what bring me back to my pixel. When I know I'll have good reception and don't care about taking pics I use the essential.

Kida66

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I had a Samsung Note 8 and recently sold it and bought a Pixel 2 XL (Panda). I really like the pixel so far and fell in love with the software right away. I likes the note 8 at first but Samsung's software grew tiresome. I also thought that the phone was always just too big to carry and use comfortably. the pixel seems to be just the right size for everyday use.

With that said I do have a Razer phone that I use from time to time. There is a lot a like about the Razer ( speakers, screen refresh rate, gaming, Nova). The actual form factor is a little too combursom and the screen never gets bright enough when you want it to. I thought about selling it but the potential release of project Lynda has me really excited. Right now my sim is steady in my pixel panda but I do fire up the Razer and connect to WiFi for gaming sessions.

I have been a huge fan of Android over the years, my first Android goes back to the HTC hero. I have had a lot, I mean a lot of Android over the years but I can day without a doubt that my Pixel is the best overall experience to date. Google has really done a great job overall with this year's pixel and I'm glad that my panda is in my pocket daily.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has two phones they switch between and if so what phone and what situations do you use them in?

Hi op.

So I have one line where my sim is always in my iPhone X, never leaves.

Then I have my main line where I have some fun. Usually I swap between my Pixel 2 XL, and my Note 8.

Switching my Android phones isn't situational per se, I just like the variety and using both devices because I love both but for different reasons.

I will say when I'm super busy I gravitate towards the Note 8 because the Spen makes life really easy being able to draw on pdfs, images or screengrabs to illustrate points quickly or whatever. The note 8 also has really great features like the edge screen i use a lot to move around apps and stuff.

home44

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
No. Note 8 is my main driver.

I do take the Pixel 2 XL with me as well but I don't use it as much as the Note 8.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
My Pixel 2 is my main phone. I do use my Moto E4 Plus (best $100 phone I've had) around the house a lot while on WiFi or while on my bicycle.

Paul1266

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I have both sizes and honestly prefer the smaller version purely for it's pocketability so I would consider that my main driver although it's currently away having the rear glass replaced. It's easily the most responsive handset I've ever used - recently had an S8 and an LG G6 both of which were great in their own ways just not as snappy. Bigger bezels don't bother me at all...not even a little bit. Pixel 2 is a tool and great industrial design. Samsung has joined Apple in making expensive tech jewelry at this point imho.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Pixel 2XL is my daily.
I have other phones but I only use them as backups except for my v20 which I sometimes used to play audio because of the Quad DAC

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the Pixel 2XL as my daily on my main line
I also have the Pixel ( 2016 sailfish) on another line
I use both phones the same (calls, texts, apps, music, etc)

DavyPaul

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
OnePlus3T - dual sim (#1 personnal, #2 office) , good amount of memory. biggish screen - I'm getting on a bit! Camera is not bad either and I often use the manual settings, especially at rock concert events. My partner has an original pixel. I may be tempted by the Pixel 3 XL if/when that is launched, but dual-sim has proven to be a must-have feature for me. Logical virtual sims, anyone..?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My Pixel 2 is my main phone. I do use my Moto E4 Plus (best $100 phone I've had) around the house a lot while on WiFi or while on my bicycle.

Interesting. I have both of these as well. I bought the Moto E4+ to hold me over for a few months after my previous phone stopped working until the Pixel 2 was released. I had no problems whatsoever with the E4+ until I got the P2. After using the P2, the E4+ feels noticeably slow. But it is still an awesome situational phone because of that battery life. If you need a phone to last for 3 days, that's the one.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The Moto Z Force Droid (Verizon) is my one and only. It works great for me, and the mods have made for great, easy to use, accessories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze