Google is listening ?

Jeff Frimer

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
This is not a complaint post. I appreciate the work google does to get me what I want. However I have been surprised recently with the news feed on my Pixel 2XL that includes topics that I have had conversations about but not searched for. It seems the phone is always listening and using location status to provide me content. For example, I was in Las Vegas and a friend mentioned a show he wanted to see but I never heard of. We went to a ticket broker but the show was closed that day. I never searched about it on my phone and it wasn't mentioned again. The next day I received a news article in my feed about the show information. 😲 In full disclosure I also have Google home in my house. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience? Would be nice to know what they are listening for.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh yes, Google knows everything. Sometimes I get things on my news feed that I only though about, let alone talk about or type into a search. They may be listening but they are also excellent at predicting behavior based on all the data they have collected.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is not a complaint post. I appreciate the work google does to get me what I want. However I have been surprised recently with the news feed on my Pixel 2XL that includes topics that I have had conversations about but not searched for. It seems the phone is always listening and using location status to provide me content. For example, I was in Las Vegas and a friend mentioned a show he wanted to see but I never heard of. We went to a ticket broker but the show was closed that day. I never searched about it on my phone and it wasn't mentioned again. The next day I received a news article in my feed about the show information. ?????? In full disclosure I also have Google home in my house. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience? Would be nice to know what they are listening for.

Sounds like a location based coincidence

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is not a complaint post. I appreciate the work google does to get me what I want. However I have been surprised recently with the news feed on my Pixel 2XL that includes topics that I have had conversations about but not searched for. It seems the phone is always listening and using location status to provide me content. For example, I was in Las Vegas and a friend mentioned a show he wanted to see but I never heard of. We went to a ticket broker but the show was closed that day. I never searched about it on my phone and it wasn't mentioned again. The next day I received a news article in my feed about the show information. 😲 In full disclosure I also have Google home in my house. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience? Would be nice to know what they are listening for.

Sounds like a location based coincidence

BB_PP

May 29, 2017
Visit site

Remember those days when law enforcement agencies use to spend months to get information about persons but now we pay and provide freely. Hotmail sold us to facebook, who knows this provided information will land us where.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX