popping sound when unplugging pixel 2 xl headphone dongle

matiaschultz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else hear a loud popping sound when unplugging the headphone dongle from their Pixel 2 XL? Google sent me a replacement dongle (props to them) but it didn't fix the issue.

Possibly related, I also have issues when first plugging in the dongle. The phone does not recognize it until I wiggle it.

Do other people also have this problem?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else hear a loud popping sound when unplugging the headphone dongle from their Pixel 2 XL? Google sent me a replacement dongle (props to them) but it didn't fix the issue.

Possibly related, I also have issues when first plugging in the dongle. The phone does not recognize it until I wiggle it.

Do other people also have this problem?

The popping sound is normal. You shouldn't have to wiggle the dongle to get it to work.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The popping is normal.. the dongle is powered, so that sound you hear is a bit of clipping when the internal amplifier in the dongle disconnects.

The wiggling, that's a different issue. That could mean either the dongle connector or your phone's port has a problem. Do you have issues charging the phone or having it connect to a computer? If not, check for debris in the dongle or phone... Otherwise, maybe go snag another dongle of it gets bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC