Anyone else hear a loud popping sound when unplugging the headphone dongle from their Pixel 2 XL? Google sent me a replacement dongle (props to them) but it didn't fix the issue.

Possibly related, I also have issues when first plugging in the dongle. The phone does not recognize it until I wiggle it.

Do other people also have this problem?
    01-23-2018 05:15 AM
    Anyone else hear a loud popping sound when unplugging the headphone dongle from their Pixel 2 XL? Google sent me a replacement dongle (props to them) but it didn't fix the issue.

Possibly related, I also have issues when first plugging in the dongle. The phone does not recognize it until I wiggle it.

Do other people also have this problem?
    The popping sound is normal. You shouldn't have to wiggle the dongle to get it to work.
    01-23-2018 05:40 AM
    The popping is normal.. the dongle is powered, so that sound you hear is a bit of clipping when the internal amplifier in the dongle disconnects.

The wiggling, that's a different issue. That could mean either the dongle connector or your phone's port has a problem. Do you have issues charging the phone or having it connect to a computer? If not, check for debris in the dongle or phone... Otherwise, maybe go snag another dongle of it gets bad
    01-23-2018 06:25 AM