Current Pixel 2 thinking about the Xl

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So I have been enjoying my regular Pixel 2 but seriously thinking about switching to the Xl and selling the regular thoughts?
Thanks

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had both and prefer the regular. It's all subjective. But for me I like the smaller form factor and the smaller has a nicer screen in my opinion. I had horrible blue shift on all 3 Pixel 2 XLs I tried. My coworkers and friends have models with much less blue shift. My opinion might be different if I got a perfect 2 XL but alas, I didn't get one.

I love the size, weight, and capabilities of the regular 2. Not to mention the $ savings.

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
My future husband slave was like you, he got the 2 xl then wanted a phone, not a phablet. Id say try it out if it's really bothering you.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I love the size, weight, and capabilities of the regular 2. Not to mention the $ savings.

Me too - been tempted to get an XL several times - never did

You can always get one, try it, and return if not suitable for you.

So many phones - so many purchase options in 2018.

@MMP - "future husband slave" - you may have broken every PC rule right here - good for you - :D

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll take your Pixel 2! 🤣

In all seriousness though, if you are wanting some peace of mind and are willing to switch, go for it! See if you like the differences that the 2 XL have to offer. And, if something happens that you do not, at least you know for sure! Let us know what you decide!

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I went from the Pixel to the Pixel 2. I have no regrets over the move and no regrets for not getting a Pixel 2 XL. I won't use an expensive phone without a very good case and the XL with a good case is a big item. I like the slightly smaller Pixel 2.

The camera is a hoot. A few years ago when photo software started handling DNG files I tried it out but the wait between shots was horrible. Now, with the Pixel 2, I'm shooting DNG and enjoying it.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
If I still had great near vision I would go for the the smaller phone. If you can see it why do you need a big screen? I guess some watch movies on their phone but I have a tv for that.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Panda Pixel since it was released and I ordered the smaller Pixel. I really liked it but for me it just came down to battery life. Both are great but my office has not the best reception and the smaller Pixel would make it till I got home but I would have to charge it before bed. This is not the case with the larger Pixel. so sent the smaller one back to Google within 14 days.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had the Panda Pixel since it was released and I ordered the smaller Pixel. I really liked it but for me it just came down to battery life. Both are great but my office has not the best reception and the smaller Pixel would make it till I got home but I would have to charge it before bed. This is not the case with the larger Pixel. so sent the smaller one back to Google within 14 days.

Didn't realize the difference was that significant. I use my 2XL a lot so I put it on charge before bed or I put it on earlier and take it off charge before bed. It would difficult to go without charging once per day for my usage.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Critical decision time I have a bran new never activated regular Pixel from my RMA so if I'm going to sell and get the XL now would be the time????

jlp0209

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Recently returned (2 weeks ago) another Pixel 2 because the black crush is just awful. Netflix, YouTube, horrible blotchiness and pixelation. Screen balance app helped but made blacks too gray.

Best Buy currently has the Verizon Pixel 2 XL for $250 off the purchase price, not an account credit over 24 months. I went in person to the store and was given this deal, maybe online is different. Jumped on it, for $600 couldn't resist. Blue shift is not bad and black crush, while still here, is light years better than the regular sized phone. No pixelated or blotchy video. It's barely noticeable to me.

No weird ticking or high pitched whine either. If you can score one for $250 off I think it's worth it.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Recently returned (2 weeks ago) another Pixel 2 because the black crush is just awful. Netflix, YouTube, horrible blotchiness and pixelation. Screen balance app helped but made blacks too gray.

Best Buy currently has the Verizon Pixel 2 XL for $250 off the purchase price, not an account credit over 24 months. I went in person to the store and was given this deal, maybe online is different. Jumped on it, for $600 couldn't resist. Blue shift is not bad and black crush, while still here, is light years better than the regular sized phone. No pixelated or blotchy video. It's barely noticeable to me.

No weird ticking or high pitched whine either. If you can score one for $250 off I think it's worth it.
The BB sight says $250 off with device payments on Verizon

jlp0209

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
The BB sight says $250 off with device payments on Verizon

I know it does. I physically visited a BB near me and was given $250 off instantly, NOT a $250 bill credit over 24 months. Verizon financing agreement I signed is for $600. Maybe online differs from in-store.