Pixel 2 XL and your car or trucks Bluetooth compatibility?

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
well a guy at Verizon said his Pixel worked in his 2017 Challenger and I told him mines not a 2017 and I didn't have Android Auto.
He argued that I didn't know what I was doing. Well needless to say he had to prove me wrong and tried to pair his phone to my car. nadda
so I was like, told ya so.
The dealer won't let me try a 2016 they have on the lot but without Android auto I think I'm stuck

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Auto start playing music via Bluetooth over the Charger's speakers upon entering and starting vehicle is confirmed. Didn't test navigation voice over speaker but I presume it would work.

Lasermn

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Picked the phone up over Christmas. It worked perfectly with a rental 2017 Impala, Paired up to my 2011 Sienna perfectly, My 2011 Lexus GS 350, the rental Chrysler Pacifica with Uconnect I rented last week. It is also working with my fitbit and my new APTX earbuds or my HP Spectre Laptop. Bluetooth has connected to anything I tried.

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Auto start playing music via Bluetooth over the Charger's speakers upon entering and starting vehicle is confirmed. Didn't test navigation voice over speaker but I presume it would work.

@ PowrDroid, Could you possibly snap a screen shot of your BT settings?

It's still a no go for me. My Pixel 2 XL will not pair audio unless I force it. Navigation is a no go too.
Calls and Text work perfectly.

Should have paid closer attention when I purchased my car and asked about Android Auto.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
@ PowrDroid, Could you possibly snap a screen shot of your BT settings?

Wouldn't let me upload from my PC. Trying now from my phone. Is this what you are looking for?

ea5309d990ff78957c51fc769d62ad43.jpg

MarkHirt

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I got my Mazda MZD unit to work by switching off "Contact Sharing" and Text Messages on the BT settings of my phone

Connects for Audio really fast and the Phone still works, just don't see the contact name when the MZD unit rings (I see that on the phone that is in a ProClip mount right next to the screen)

it's worth a try