Hello people. On my fifth pixel 2xl I finally have one with no quality issues! I've always loved this phone but seemed to keep getting duds from Google.
    Phone 1- fingerprint sensor stopped working intermittently.
    Phone 2- Bluetooth issues and another bad fingerprint sensor.
    Phone 3- Headphone dongle stopped working from time to time.
    Phone 4- Fingerprint sensor stopped working.

Even though I loved the camera and the screen (yes, on everyone I've had I've loved the screen) I gave up. I went to the V30. With the Google camera port the camera is actually usable. Combined with Nova and the high contrast theme, this was a really solid device. However, it's not as fluid as the Pixel 2XL and the T Mo version is WAY behind on security updates. So I decided to try the Pixel 2xl again.

I had purchased the first four from Google so I decided to switch tactics. For lucky 5 I paid full price at Best Buy. Turns out the only thing Verizon is the SIM. It's the exact same phone, I was able to buy it and use it on TMo with no problems. I don't think this is why I got a good one, I think I just got lucky.

Anyhow, I got one of the no blue shift displays, fingerprint sensor is great, Bluetooth has been reliable, and I've had no issues with the dongle. I'm a happy camper and am looking forward to using this baby for a good while!

Thanks for indulging me, I feel like you're this is the only place I can express my phone obsession without people thinking I'm bonkers.

PS I'm surprised that I haven't heard more about fingerprint sensor issues. 3 out of 5 can't be that random.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-31-2018 08:02 PM
    Got a give Google Credit for swapping out phones going to be a lot of refurbs out there pretty soon
    01-31-2018 08:45 PM
    Got a give Google Credit for swapping out phones going to be a lot of refurbs out there pretty soon
    They just told me today that they arent issuing refurbs yet when replacing devices
    01-31-2018 09:08 PM
    Yes and no. They're great about returns no doubt. But had they got it right the first (or second or third ) time...LoL
    01-31-2018 09:28 PM
    Were you having a lot of dongle or just on occasion?
    01-31-2018 10:10 PM
    Not sure why you'd return a phone just because of the dongle, but I'm glad to see you got a good one.

I purchased a mint condition 128GB Panda Pixel 2 XL off Swappa last week after I sold my iPhone X and it's the best one I've had so far, and I had two different new ones. Figures the one that is actually a good one is a used one off Swappa, but whatever.
    01-31-2018 10:48 PM
    I'm so glad your fifth 2 XL is everything you've wanted! So glad it's working out for you! It was a long journey to get to this point but at least it worked out!
    01-31-2018 10:51 PM
    Not sure why you'd return a phone just because of the dongle, but I'm glad to see you got a good one.

I purchased a mint condition 128GB Panda Pixel 2 XL off Swappa last week after I sold my iPhone X and it's the best one I've had so far, and I had two different new ones. Figures the one that is actually a good one is a used one off Swappa, but whatever.
    It would only make sense if it was related to the port itself
    02-01-2018 08:13 AM

Because I'm picky AF when it comes to my phone and I'll wear a return policy out if I need to to get one without any defects :-)
    Morty2264 and Jonez8 like this.
    02-01-2018 08:25 AM
    Were you having a lot of dongle or just on occasion?
    It was fairly consistent.
    02-01-2018 08:38 AM
    Because I'm picky AF when it comes to my phone and I'll wear a return policy out if I need to to get one without any defects :-)
    I was gonna say - that return policy is a great safeguard! Glad Google stuck to their guns and returned the phones for you! What colour 2 XL did you get?
    02-01-2018 08:41 AM
    I was gonna say - that return policy is a great safeguard! Glad Google stuck to their guns and returned the phones for you! What colour 2 XL did you get?
    Thanks. I got the black. White phones (and cars for that matter) aren't my teacup.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-01-2018 08:50 AM
    Thanks. I got the black. White phones (and cars for that matter) aren't my teacup.
    Their black version is beautiful! I do love white phones but they are a magnet for dust, stains and show wear and tear more easily than black or other colours.
    02-01-2018 09:14 AM
    Happy for you OP. I tried 3 and failed.

Just be careful for those of you hoping to return for blue shift, as you may get charged a re-stock fee now. I've heard that Google doesn't consider this a defect so they may charge you this fee.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel...cking_fee_for/

No clue if they will still let you RMA fee free for Blue Shift. They must be getting a ton of returns to implement a restock fee this soon.
    02-01-2018 09:49 AM

Just curious, what did you pay for it? I'm looking around
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-01-2018 09:55 AM
    I think he means if it was the dongle itself they probably could have just sent you a new one. Unfortunately unless you have a second one on hand there is no way to tell if it's the phone or the dongle.
    02-01-2018 10:17 AM
    It was fairly consistent.
    The reason I asked is because on occasion they do hiccup and not connect which involves either reconnecting or restarting the phone.
    02-01-2018 10:18 AM
    The reason I asked is because on occasion they do hiccup and not connect which involves either reconnecting or restarting the phone.
    I hear you. I figured it was better to send it back in the return period then to run the risk of having to f with warranty.
    02-01-2018 10:24 AM
    Hello people. On my fifth pixel 2xl I finally have one with no quality issues! I've always loved this phone but seemed to keep getting duds from Google.

Even though I loved the camera and the screen (yes, on everyone I've had I've loved the screen) I gave up. I went to the V30. With the Google camera port the camera is actually usable. Combined with Nova and the high contrast theme, this was a really solid device. However, it's not as fluid as the Pixel 2XL and the T Mo version is WAY behind on security updates. So I decided to try the Pixel 2xl again.

I had purchased the first four from Google so I decided to switch tactics. For lucky 5 I paid full price at Best Buy. Turns out the only thing Verizon is the SIM. It's the exact same phone, I was able to buy it and use it on TMo with no problems. I don't think this is why I got a good one, I think I just got lucky.

Anyhow, I got one of the no blue shift displays, fingerprint sensor is great, Bluetooth has been reliable, and I've had no issues with the dongle. I'm a happy camper and am looking forward to using this baby for a good while!

Thanks for indulging me, I feel like you're this is the only place I can express my phone obsession without people thinking I'm bonkers.

PS I'm surprised that I haven't heard more about fingerprint sensor issues. 3 out of 5 can't be that random.
    I'm in the same boat here. I'm getting a 5th pixel 2 xl sent to me this weekend. I've had issues with every unit,(crackling speakers, screen burn in,Bluetooth issues) including this latest handset dying one day and wouldn't turn back on no matter what I did. I still love this phone and I hate having to do exchanges but hopefully this will be it! I plan on having this phone 2 years or so.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-02-2018 11:16 AM
    I'm in the same boat here. I'm getting a 5th pixel 2 xl sent to me this weekend. I've had issues with every unit,(crackling speakers, screen burn in,Bluetooth issues) including this latest handset dying one day and wouldn't turn back on no matter what I did. I still love this phone and I hate having to do exchanges but hopefully this will be it! I plan on having this phone 2 years or so.
    Couldn't you just scream at Google for the poor quality control. It's an amazing device when you get one that works. Best of luck with #5 .
    02-02-2018 02:27 PM
    Hopefully #5 is the charm unit! Keep us posted!
    02-03-2018 10:21 AM

Wow sounds like you went through an ordeal. Hopefully this one stays solid.
    02-03-2018 10:29 PM
    On my fifth pixel 2xl
    And that is why when my first one had a bad blue tint I did not even play the exchange game. Big QC issues with this one.
    02-03-2018 10:56 PM