Pixel 2 Peel Case

toiday

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
It's all about how you treat your phone. Start with skin. It's more for the look. It can protect from scratch but not from the drop. Then the slim case. Still look nice and gives some protections on the drop. This fit ppl generally careful with the phone but accident may happen. I like the Spigen Thin Fit because I has place to put a metal plate for the magnetic car mount. Then for those who like to throw the phone around, try the thick armor cases. I like the Incipio Esquire Series Carnaby hard shell case because of the fabric back. However, the back is too thick for the magnetic car mount to work.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I tried one with my OG Pixel. I know they call it a case, but I'd consider it more of a cover. Really not much/any protection to be called a case by my definition. Lil costly too...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's all about how you treat your phone. Start with skin. It's more for the look. It can protect from scratch but not from the drop. Then the slim case. Still look nice and gives some protections on the drop. This fit ppl generally careful with the phone but accident may happen. I like the Spigen Thin Fit because I has place to put a metal plate for the magnetic car mount. Then for those who like to throw the phone around, try the thick armor cases. I like the Incipio Esquire Series Carnaby hard shell case because of the fabric back. However, the back is too thick for the magnetic car mount to work.

Good recommendation! I too am going with a skin and a thin case for my Pixel 2.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
$24.95 for a 3mm thick piece of molded plastic that probably weighs less than an ounce? No thanks.

Reminds me of the price of eyeglasses, which are about $2 worth of frame material, about $2 worth of plastic discs that are polished into lenses by a machine, assembled, then sold to the public for $300 - $400.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I loved the Peel case on the Pixel. I'm sure their case for the Pixel 2 is just as good.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have one? How do you like it? I'm still looking for a case I don't hate.

I'm getting a review one but I'm not too hopeful. It's super thin and slippery from what I've heard....also pricey. I picked up Pleson for 7.99 that's pretty thin. I had a clear Spigen that wasn't bad. I also had the Ringke with the hard plastic back which felt nice but scratches was too easy. I'll let you know about the Peel in a couple days but I probably wouldn't pay 25 dollars for it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I treat my phone well but occasionally a phone can dropped even by the most careful of people.

DarkNeo

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Also note that the cutouts for the camera are kinda rough. And there's an issue with the cutouts for the laser focus.

I've had mine for two weeks now and it scratches easily.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the MNML case in red and love it as my daily case. It is as thin as the peel but only 14.99. It is more a skin than a case, but that is what i wanted. None of the problems getting a skin to stay on curved surfaces.

I have a more rugged case for when i go hiking. And i have the Newdery battery case. Using the MNML gives me a skin-like cover with the ability to remove to fit other cases if i need to.

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I think the last time I used a case before my G5 Plus was on an old Nokia in 2005. I normally hate them, but finally caved on the G5 Plus, only because I wanted it to lie flat without resting on the camera sensor. I went with the Bugdroid case, and it works pretty well. Not premium, certainly cheapens the feel of the phone (don't most cases?), but whatever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez