I have an lg ultra UHD 4k tv and I cannot get my pixel 2 to cast I've never had this issue with other Andriod phones Ive had in the past. So how do I get my phone cast screening to my tv
    02-03-2018 06:09 PM
    I have an lg ultra UHD 4k tv and I cannot get my pixel 2 to cast I've never had this issue with other Andriod phones Ive had in the past. So how do I get my phone cast screening to my tv
    Is your WiFi on your phone on?
    Have you tried rebooting your phone?
    02-03-2018 06:26 PM
    Yes I have and my WiFi is on my phone at home all the time I dunno what else to try
    02-03-2018 07:09 PM
    I have the same issue with my LG. My Samsung device and LG tablet connect without any issue. my original pixel never connected either. I just assumed they didn't support Miracast
    02-03-2018 07:28 PM
    I have the same problem. brand new pixel 2 XL and it does not discover any devices to cat to at all. bit of a deal breaker if you ask me. I know the phone is capable of connecting to the TV, like viewing photos and phone content by other methods, but mirroring he phone screen exactly as it is to the TV isn't possible.

Hoping to find out if these are rare cases or if all pixel phones do this.
    05-28-2018 06:40 AM
    I just assumed they didn't support Miracast
    Native Miracast support was dropped from Android with marshmallow - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracast#Android A quick Google search provided me this app that supposedly restores the functionality, though I have not tried it myself (see below) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rt.tv&hl=en_US

but mirroring he phone screen exactly as it is to the TV isn't possible.
    Sure it is. I've done it with my Pixel 2 XL, I have a Chromecast plugged into my TV. Miracast support was dropped for Marshmallow in favor of the Chromecast protocol. For apps that are supported on the TV I'm watching (mainly YouTube and Netflix) I can choose to cast those without switching to the Chromecast.
    05-28-2018 06:54 AM
    I am not regretting getting this Google pixel 2 phone, how is it that I can't cast this phone to a Google Chrome cast device

Someone please help. I must be doing something wrong?
    08-11-2018 07:53 PM
    I am not regretting getting this Google pixel 2 phone, how is it that I can't cast this phone to a Google Chrome cast device

Someone please help. I must be doing something wrong?
    I assume you have Android P?

I've been having trouble casting. It doesn't even work anymore
    08-18-2018 12:51 AM
    I have a Chromecast device on each of my 3 TV's. One is a 55" LG OLED and two are smaller HD Samsungs. I can cast to any one of them at any time with my Pixel 2 XL. As stated by others, with Pixel devices only Chromecast is now supported for casting.
    08-18-2018 01:00 AM
    IDK what the solution is but I'm happy to say I have no issues using my Pixel 2 running official pie to cast using Chromecast.
    08-18-2018 07:14 AM
    I got it fixed somehow on my device (Pixel 2, but probably same issue) by resetting the Play-Services .
    Give it a try.
    04-07-2019 01:09 PM
    I got it fixed somehow on my device (Pixel 2, but probably same issue) by resetting the Play-Services .
    Give it a try.
    How about step-by-step instructions on how you did this?
    04-11-2019 07:40 AM
    what are you using to cast with? Chromecast or what? If using Chromecast how old is it? Have you updated it recently. If it's a older Chromecast maybe try a newer model.
    I had an older model that would crash all the on my Pioneer Kuro tv. I bought a new model today also crashed a lot, after updating it's firmware I haven't had any crashed since.
    BTW, I've had zero issues casting to my LG OLED TV
    Best of luck!
    05-04-2019 10:06 AM