February (2018) Update Out - Pixel 2/2XL

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
It's a little sporting event that had a grown man shedding tears of joy...This and when Dr J won an NBA championship...The 2 sporting highlights of my life.

Great teams like Pittsburgh and New England have gotten to experience many times but I wasn't sure I would ever see another one(6 months old when we won in '60)

It's better than I could have ever imagined! I hope every fan gets to enjoy this at least once in their lifetime

As a life-long Denver Broncos fan, when my team finally won after being 0-4 in Super Bowls back in 1998 over the Pack, I can totally empathize with you on the feeling. It really is better than I could have imagined. I am so happy for Eagles fans!

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine always has. Both pixel 2 and 2xl. Maybe it has something to do with there being no light or anything hitting the sensor. I know it's always off in my pocket too. As it comes on when I pull it out.

This makes perfect sense as you don't want your AOD being accidentally triggered while it's in your pocket. And, if your phone is face down, then why would you need AOD? AOD is doing its best to conserve battery life. As, it significantly drains the battery. Once I put a case on it that covers the display, my battery life has vastly improved.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the UK, no Feb update yet. I got January's on on January 4th... what the hell is this inconsistency about?

Yeah, same here, the inconsistency is weird. I got it on the 3rd or 4th last month as well. And still don't have it yet. I don't understand why they don't push out the update to the Play services to everyone. That was supposed to fix the broken button.

scorpiori

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, same here, the inconsistency is weird. I got it on the 3rd or 4th last month as well. And still don't have it yet. I don't understand why they don't push out the update to the Play services to everyone. That was supposed to fix the broken button.

Which version you have?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded it around the 7th, but just got the Pizel yesterday and I'm still too busy to load it. Maybe in a few days.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
OK, decided to go with the apk, the update popped right up and installing now. Maybe the newer security will fix my phantom ring issue

Radon_222

Feb 13, 2018
Visit site
I'm sitting here laughing at myself. I came from a Droid Turbo that took over a year to get Marshmallow, and here I was getting all pissy because my Pix2 was one week late getting a monthly security patch O:)

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I had to remove my company profile /email security off phone. As soon as I did the update arrived. Then I just had IT reinstall the email work profile /security

Thanks for the tip! I just turned off the work profile and I have the February update downloading/installing. I did not need to de-register my device, just turn off the work profile (which disables the company security certificate).

Did you get the update to 11.9.76?
Once I got that, even though it's not the version that fixes the 'Check for update' button, I rebooted into Safe mode and the update showed up by itself. YMMV.

I'm still on 11.9.75, but as soon as I disabled my work profile I was able to tap the check for updates button and it started downloading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome