Switching from iPhone 6s to Pixel 2 on T-Mobile

wodehousefan1

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I'm on T-Mobile and I currently have an iPhone 6s. Previously I had a Moto X, but for a number of reasons I switched to an iPhone. I'm thinking seriously about switching to Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL instead of an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.

If I go with the Pixel 2 and have it shipped to me directly from Google, will I need to take it to a T-Mobile store to get it set up or can I do that from home? It seems like apart from the standard transferring of data and setting up of accounts, the biggest thing is transferring SIM cards from one phone to the other. I'd love to save a visit to a store, if I can help it, but if I need to that's fine too. My wife needs a new phone too and is unsure about switching back to Android, so I'm trying to think through how to make the process as smooth as possible assuming she wants a Pixel 2 too.

Any help or advice that you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Tim

t1328

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I'm on T-Mobile and I currently have an iPhone 6s. Previously I had a Moto X, but for a number of reasons I switched to an iPhone. I'm thinking seriously about switching to Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL instead of an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.

If I go with the Pixel 2 and have it shipped to me directly from Google, will I need to take it to a T-Mobile store to get it set up or can I do that from home? It seems like apart from the standard transferring of data and setting up of accounts, the biggest thing is transferring SIM cards from one phone to the other. I'd love to save a visit to a store, if I can help it, but if I need to that's fine too. My wife needs a new phone too and is unsure about switching back to Android, so I'm trying to think through how to make the process as smooth as possible assuming she wants a Pixel 2 too.

Thanks.
Tim
I bought a Pixel 2 XL from Verizon and inserted my T-Mobile SIM card from my Note 8. Worked immediately.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Thanks.
Tim

You just get the phone and insert your actual SIM card and that's it.

toiday

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
There should be no issue with the SIM card. For transfer data from iPhone to Android there maybe more difficult but I don't trust the ppl at the store neither. Find instructions on YouTube or just Google it.

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
There should be no issue with the SIM card. For transfer data from iPhone to Android there maybe more difficult but I don't trust the ppl at the store neither. Find instructions on YouTube or just Google it.

Detest Verizon retail. Will always go to Best Buy first if I have a need. Plus they often have a Samsung department which I like to look through.

t1328

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Detest Verizon retail. Will always go to Best Buy first if I have a need. Plus they often have a Samsung department which I like to look through.
Best Buy's restocking fee is also lower than Verizon's should you decide to return the phone.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Make sure you sign out of imessage before you switch phones! Turn it off and sign out. It's a huge pain in the butt if you don't and people with iPhones won't get your messages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781