02-26-2018 04:32 PM
35 12
tools
    Honestly, I would use the Pixel Launcher but I can't stand all the different shaped app icons. It's the only reason I continue to use Nova Prime.
    hybrisate likes this.
    02-13-2018 08:47 AM
    Honestly, I would use the Pixel Launcher but I can't stand all the different shaped app icons. It's the only reason I continue to use Nove Prime.
    You can try the 'rootless pixel launcher'
    02-13-2018 10:11 AM
    Other than Now Playing, At a Glance, being smoother, austerity and simplicity all mentioned above, are there other advantages to using the pixel launcher over nova prime?

I've been using alternative launchers since I switched to adw from sense on my then new HTC Evo 4g. Been using Nova for years now on various phones and tablets.

With any new device I always give the stock launcher a chance. After almost 2 weeks with the pixel launcher this is the longest I've lasted before switching.
    02-26-2018 04:30 AM
    As far as I know the rootless pixel launcher won't work on the Pixel without Magisk (last I checked with the dev anyway). Weird I know but it's due to restrictions placed by Google.
    02-26-2018 08:09 AM
    As far as I know the rootless pixel launcher won't work on the Pixel without Magisk (last I checked with the dev anyway). Weird I know but it's due to restrictions placed by Google.
    You right about that. Didn't know that.

Another option is 'lawnchair' , but if so , I suggest the last APK from APK mirror and not the one from play store.
    02-26-2018 08:46 AM
    Or just set up Nova to resemble the pixel launcher. Then use the icons you would prefer. At a glance still works, but I don't use now playing so not sure about that.
    02-26-2018 12:52 PM
    To be honest, I dislike Nova. there's something to be said for simple and light. Nova isn't too complex but I dislike that a lot of digging and time is needed to get it to fit my own tastes. Pixel works the way I want right out of the box.
    02-26-2018 01:02 PM
    I tried Pixel launcher but it is missing some must have features, for example, the ability to resize widgets - unless I just missed how to do that with the Pixel Launcher.

The beauty of Nova is you can move to phone to phone, brand to brand and make your phone look and work pretty much the same.

As far as Pixel Launcher being smoother, I did not notice that. Nova is perfectly smooth as it was on the 3 year old phone it replaced.

Once you get it set the way you want, remember to save your settings to the cloud or to your PC hard drive so you don't have to figure out everything you like again.
    hybrisate likes this.
    02-26-2018 01:20 PM
    I use that on my note 8.
    02-26-2018 01:51 PM
    I tried Pixel launcher but it is missing some must have features, for example, the ability to resize widgets - unless I just missed how to do that with the Pixel Launcher.

The beauty of Nova is you can move to phone to phone, brand to brand and make your phone look and work pretty much the same.

As far as Pixel Launcher being smoother, I did not notice that. Nova is perfectly smooth as it was on the 3 year old phone it replaced.

Once you get it set the way you want, remember to save your settings to the cloud or to your PC hard drive so you don't have to figure out everything you like again.
    I very much agree. Whenever I get a new phone I try the stock launcher for a while, but always go back to my Nova Prime where I can do everything I want.
    hybrisate likes this.
    02-26-2018 04:32 PM
35 12