Just powered up my second P2xl as the panda just wasn't for me (got a just black). The brightness isnt as potent as that of my note 8 but it's just perfect enough to not cause any eye strain. Also, I find the blue tint to not be as drastic as many have painted it to be in comparison to that of my note 8 (they both have a slight blue tint and I just find it to be normal at this point). I think this is an incredible device and see myself using it for at least 2 years. I wanted the essential phone to work for me and after 4 attempts unfortunately it didnt.

I'm excited to use it and look forward to my new phone journey. I'll post additional feedback on the device as time progresses.

Ordered a cement fabric case but might switch to carbon (the mint is probably too minty for me). I also ordered a bellroy navy blue case and a rubbery case on Amazon for the days that I work out.
    mhunter6378 likes this.
    02-09-2018 07:05 PM
    the blue tint is mostly noticeable when the phone is tilted. is this normal for those of you who have replaced your devices as well? not that bad and I'm actually ok with it.
    02-09-2018 07:18 PM
    the blue tint is mostly noticeable when the phone is tilted. is this normal for those of you who have replaced your devices as well? not that bad and I'm actually ok with it.
    Yes when viewing the screen from an angle the blue tint is noticeable. It doesn’t bother me, I rarely look at the screen in any way other than pretty much straight on so I don’t even notice it unless I go looking for it.
    dmateo likes this.
    02-09-2018 07:56 PM
    I had a just black and recently got a panda. I love it. I can't wait to load the P developer one preview on my black pixel 2 xl.
    dmateo likes this.
    02-09-2018 08:22 PM
    p developer one preview ?
    02-09-2018 08:49 PM
    p developer one preview ?
    The next version of the Android OS - its designation should begin with 'P' (as the designation for the current OS begins with 'O', which ended up being named Oreo). Google normally releases Developer Previews of the OS for eligible devices several months before the actual OS is finalized.
    02-09-2018 10:57 PM
    I had a just black and recently got a panda. I love it. I can't wait to load the P developer one preview on my black pixel 2 xl.
    P developer one preview?? Nevermind question was just answered!
    02-09-2018 10:58 PM
    While I do find the XL2 to be a little basic in how it functions, what I've discovered it it has made my use of a phone more focused. I have come to love the simplistic nature of it and feel it's made my use of a phone more enjoyable. the blue tint isn't an issue at all for me, I hardly notice it at all. if I tip the phone, yes I can see it, but I don't tip it very often, only to see if it's a problem and it usually isn't. I'm happy with this phone, the only thing I wish it had was facial unlock. that would have made it just perfect
    dmateo and DMP89145 like this.
    02-10-2018 01:29 AM
    Pineapple upside down cake!
    02-10-2018 01:29 AM
    While I do find the XL2 to be a little basic in how it functions, what I've discovered it it has made my use of a phone more focused. I have come to love the simplistic nature of it and feel it's made my use of a phone more enjoyable. the blue tint isn't an issue at all for me, I hardly notice it at all. if I tip the phone, yes I can see it, but I don't tip it very often, only to see if it's a problem and it usually isn't. I'm happy with this phone, the only thing I wish it had was facial unlock. that would have made it just perfect
    I agree... It's much more efficient than the UI of a Samsung device and this is what I appreciate the most.
    02-10-2018 06:47 AM
    Been with the Nexus/ Pixel phones only since the Nexus 6.
    Just not into the other phone makers who load the phones up with a ton of things I won't ever use.
    Enjoy your Pixel
    dmateo and LeoRex like this.
    02-10-2018 07:00 AM
    so far still good. had a flash a few times when the phone was being unlocked but it went away. going to give it a few days before I call to see if it comes back
    02-10-2018 02:23 PM
    Ordered a cement fabric case but might switch to carbon (the mint is probably too minty for me).
    I have the carbon fabric case on my Pixel 2 and really like the look and feel of it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it leaves the bottom of the phone exposed. I do recommend carbon over the others if you decide to go with the case as I've read elsewhere that colors can bleed into the lighter color fabrics.

Another fabric case that I like even more is the Incipio Carnaby Esquire Series case. It's a similar fabric type case but offers more all around protection. If you order from the Incipio website, they're currently running a 20% off promotion.
    dmateo likes this.
    02-10-2018 04:52 PM
    I have the carbon fabric case on my Pixel 2 and really like the look and feel of it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it leaves the bottom of the phone exposed. I do recommend carbon over the others if you decide to go with the case as I've read elsewhere that colors can bleed into the lighter color fabrics.

Another fabric case that I like even more is the Incipio Carnaby Esquire Series case. It's a similar fabric type case but offers more all around protection. If you order from the Incipio website, they're currently running a 20% off promotion.
    I have this on my note 8 and am considering the Esquire for this as well. I believe it also has more lip for better screen protectiion and it's also less slippery than the cement fabric case.
    02-10-2018 06:05 PM
    just ordered the bellroy leather case. there's mixed reviews on this one and I'm concerned about the plastic trim potentially scratching the phone from day to day friction. should be getting it tomorrow..
    02-10-2018 08:09 PM