GBoard on the Pixel 2 XL?

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
How do you turn OFF the emojis where they DO NOT appear on the keyboard anywhere?

I still see the little emoji above the comma on the bottom left and the BIG BLUE one on the bottom right.

Toggled off Show emoji switch key and Show emojis in symbols keyboard. Still there they are.

I hate them and do NOT want them. Period

Thanks for any and all help.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How do you turn OFF the emojis where they DO NOT appear on the keyboard anywhere?

I still see the little emoji above the comma on the bottom left and the BIG BLUE one on the bottom right.

Toggled off Show emoji switch key and Show emojis in symbols keyboard. Still there they are.

I hate them and do NOT want them. Period

Thanks for any and all help.

I don't have a big blue one on the bottom right -- Just the normal one by the comma.

Not sure if you can get rid of the one by the comma.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You are in a text message app - that is the keyboard variant that pops for texting. FWIW, if you hit the shift key on the left, that blue smiley turns into a carriage return/line feed button instead.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot
Yeah most likely the app causing that. Below is my texting app (Textra) with my keyboard.

317b946d9f707c59c61f4ab320134a4e.jpg

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I use Android messages and Gboard and I don't have that blue smiley.

OP, what version of Gboard are you on? you sure you have the latest update?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
ok...well this is strange. I went in to preferences and under "show emoji switch key" it was on (blue showing), however on the keyboard, it doesn't show.

when I turned the toggle off, it showed the smiley. seems my toggle is backwards.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Silly question here but I've never gotten Gboard to actually insert a prediction without having to select it from the scrolling bar above the keyboard, which is pretty useless. It seems like it should insert the middle prediction if I press the spacebar but that just doesn't happen.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Silly question here but I've never gotten Gboard to actually insert a prediction without having to select it from the scrolling bar above the keyboard, which is pretty useless. It seems like it should insert the middle prediction if I press the spacebar but that just doesn't happen.

I wish this were a thing too. Gboard's predictive text would be a lot more useful if this were an option.