Purchased a new supposedly Google unlocked phone from a seller on eBay and I asked a ton of questions before I purchased it.
    Got the phone today and popped in my prepaid Verizon SIM card and I did notice a quick popup saying something about non Verizon Google pixel XL phone?
    Odd thing is after updating the phone I had three Verizon apps in my app drawer. My Verizon, Messages+ and go90.

Today I went to install an app from the Play Store on my laptop and it asked if I wanted to download it to my Verizon Google Pixel 2 XL.

What the????
    Did I end up with a Verizon version of the Pixel 2 XL?
    02-10-2018 07:31 PM
    Purchased a new supposedly Google unlocked phone from a seller on eBay and I asked a ton of questions before I purchased it.
    Got the phone today and popped in my prepaid Verizon SIM card and I did notice a quick popup saying something about non Verizon Google pixel XL phone?
    Odd thing is after updating the phone I had three Verizon apps in my app drawer. My Verizon, Messages+ and go90.

Today I went to install an app from the Play Store on my laptop and it asked if I wanted to download it to my Verizon Google Pixel 2 XL.

What the????
    The Verizon SIM triggered those apps.
    02-10-2018 07:45 PM
    You could use an app like DevCheck https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...flar2.devcheck to identify the SKU. On my Verizon variant the SKU is as shown in the screenshot.
    02-11-2018 09:56 PM
    i be carefull buying on ebay if i buy a phone i all ways by from swappa
    02-12-2018 03:20 AM

What the????
    Just log into your Verizon account. See what Verizon says your phone is. If it's not a Verizon Pixel then it will say non Verizon.
    ThrowinRocks likes this.
    02-12-2018 08:22 AM

What the????
    To confirm - same thing happened to me with my Verizon SIM and 2 unlocked Pixel 2s bought directly from Google Store.

I'd say you have nothing to worry about.
    ThrowinRocks likes this.
    02-12-2018 08:27 AM
    Just log into your Verizon account. See what Verizon says your phone is. If it's not a Verizon Pixel then it will say non Verizon.
    Yes. I did just that to check my account and it did state NON-VERIZON GOOGLE PIXEL 2 XL
    02-13-2018 09:35 PM
    Yes. I did just that to check my account and it did state NON-VERIZON GOOGLE PIXEL 2 XL
    Ah yep then it is a Google one.
    02-13-2018 10:28 PM