You know, every month when the Forum posts when the OTA's start (thx Almeuit), but there seems to be confusion/frustration with the process. There was a post on reddit not long ago that explains the process in more detail and I think it's worth a read if you own a Nexus or Pixel phone. I'll post the link below, but basically per Google Engineer:

"Rollouts are conducted in phases. Typically they start at 1% of devices for around 24 - 48 hours; we watch the return rates and resulting device checkins and error reports (if any), and make sure nothing looks wrong before sending it to more. Then typically it goes to 25%, 50%, 100% over the course of a week or two.

What the percentages mean is that when your device checks in, it has a 1% chance (for example) of being offered the OTA. If it doesn't (randomly) get an offer, it will never get an offer until the next batch."

Full process link is:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel...v0&sh=3731d183

Hope this helps some users.
    GSDer likes this.
    02-13-2018 07:56 PM
    You know, every month we post when the Forum posts when the OTA's start (thx Almeuit), but there seems to be confusion/frustration with the process. There was a post on reddit not long ago that explains the process in more detail and I think it's worth a read if you own a Nexus or Pixel phone. I'll post the link below, but basically per Google Engineer:

"Rollouts are conducted in phases. Typically they start at 1% of devices for around 24 - 48 hours; we watch the return rates and resulting device checkins and error reports (if any), and make sure nothing looks wrong before sending it to more. Then typically it goes to 25%, 50%, 100% over the course of a week or two.

What the percentages mean is that when your device checks in, it has a 1% chance (for example) of being offered the OTA. If it doesn't (randomly) get an offer, it will never get an offer until the next batch."

Full process link is:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel...v0&sh=3731d183

Hope this helps some users.
    Except now you can pull the update manually because they fixed check for update button.
    02-13-2018 09:10 PM
    Except now you can pull the update manually because they fixed check for update button.
    Yeah they did if you opted into Google play services as a beta tester and even that don't work .I have 2 pixel 2xls here both on the same carrier and both setup the same and one got the update and the other didn't get anything yet so as I said in one of my other posts there's no rhyme nor reason.
    02-13-2018 09:22 PM
    True .. But the button hasn't work until supposedly the February update. I guess we'll see if that actually got fixed in March, but nonetheless I think understanding the process is still important.
    02-13-2018 09:29 PM
    True .. But the button hasn't work until supposedly the February update. I guess we'll see if that actually got fixed in March, but nonetheless I think understanding the process is still important.
    Understood...knowing the process helps....although those waiting will still most likely have little patience based on past experience of explaining roll outs.

Pulling the update worked for me on the February update as far as I can tell.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    02-14-2018 11:20 AM